Chameleon behavior

haileyreich

So i have a panther chameleon and i just upgraded his enclosure and today is his first full day being in the new set up. i came home and noticed that his tail was curled up but my mom said that it wasn’t curled up like that all day. does anyone have any idea what this behavior could mean? he has never done this during the day. i’m thinking it could be protective/nervous behavior but i’m not completely sure. i know for a fact he isn’t sleeping during the day.

Attachments

• E5A94BA8-4A40-4DE1-B7FF-0748D20006E9.jpeg
    E5A94BA8-4A40-4DE1-B7FF-0748D20006E9.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 104
Is it close to lights out time? Mine will often get ready for ‘bed’, including curled tails, an hour or more before lights out.

He might just be getting ready for bed early. Or he may still feel insecure and just need time to adjust to his new and improved home. It’s really nothing to be concerned about, but I do like that you’re so attentive to detail. :)

JMO- They curl when they don't need it for balance or hanging on. Relaxed mode.
If we could only read their minds.. :)

My Jackson’s does that all the time an hour or 2 before lights go out sometimes he gets ready a little sooner sometimes he doesn’t I’d monitor the behavior and look out for more signs to stay on the catious side he also did move and is still adjusting to his new enclosure so that’s something too

Your handsome guy looks as to be basking too. I had to take a closer look at him- this way he is relaxed and absorbing heat. Perfect and if all goes well, he will leave you a nice present tomorrow.. (y)

So i have a panther chameleon and i just upgraded his enclosure and today is his first full day being in the new set up. i came home and noticed that his tail was curled up but my mom said that it wasn’t curled up like that all day. does anyone have any idea what this behavior could mean? he has never done this during the day. i’m thinking it could be protective/nervous behavior but i’m not completely sure. i know for a fact he isn’t sleeping during the day.
BINGO! ;)

My male panther curls his tail when he puffs up defensively (Ooh... 'Big Scary Lizard' act), often accompanied by a gape.

IDT it's anything to worry or be concerned about. He's—understandably—a little stressed; his whole 'world' has changed without asking his permission!

they sleep it different spots mine has a couple different spots she likes.
my cham has been sleeping in one spot on this vine that i put in there (first pic). but yesterday and today he has picked different spots, yesterday he was on the ground and today he’s on the screen, he slept in both places before i upgraded his enclosure to give him smaller branches but it just seemed weird to me that after 2 weeks of sleeping in the same spot he all the sudden changed.

Attachments

• FBE9813D-18D5-48AD-A81D-7288E6846F22.jpeg
    FBE9813D-18D5-48AD-A81D-7288E6846F22.jpeg
    227.2 KB · Views: 74
  • C712F4F3-A031-4414-8F08-CFDCEE75BAD3.jpeg
    C712F4F3-A031-4414-8F08-CFDCEE75BAD3.jpeg
    303.4 KB · Views: 69
Mine sleeps in an 'area'. While he loves getting misted during the daytime, he's picked a region of the enclosure that's protected from nighttime mistings. At least I know where to look for him if I have to. :)

During the morning (light-on) mist, he comes out of the canopy into the mist, yawns, and raises each leg in turn like he's taking a shower. Silly lizard.

Back
Top Bottom