Chameleon badly burned!

yamazaki1995

Hello i came home from work to see my female panther chameleon being badly burned on her back! i will contact the vets tomorrow but i i wonder if anyone know something that might help her meanwhile.Please help me i dont know what to do!! here are some photos DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0213.jpg

If you have some aloe vera gel laying around the house that is all natural it should really help. Most grocery stores or pharmacies should sell it too for about 5 bucks

Okey i will check if i have any! I would really appreciate if anyone have more tips, what to do, she is eating and drinking but she is quite black and seem abit slow :(

Yes, the non-pain killing nepsporin is good. She will likely be fine, they tend to heal well from this kind of injury. Obviously, the basking light is too close and you need to move it away. Chameleons will base their temperature on what their internal temperature is, so despite the fact that the skin is getting hot enough to burn, their internal temperature is not as hot as they want, so they stay under it. Good luck with her. I'm sure she'll be OK.

i live in sweden and sadly neosporin is banned here. I found a gel in my house but i am not sure if i can use it its aloe vera gel 97% aloe vera and contains aloe barbadensis leaf, Aqua, Xanthan gum, Tocopheryl Acetate sodium hyrdoxide phenoxyethanol sodium benzoate. Please reaply if you think its safe to use or not

Back
Top Bottom