I don't know where I'm supposed to post this but more than one person told me I should fill this out so I posted it in my about on my profile and here. constructive criticism would be very helpful thank you!
- Your Chameleon - I will be getting a male Nosy Faly Panther Chameleon at 5 months old. I'm waiting to set up my enclosure before they send him to me.
- Handling - I would like to try and tame him.
- Feeding - I was thinking of getting him pinhead crickets, flightless fruit flies, black soldier fly larvae and 1/4" Dubia Roaches. Probably start with 12-18 bugs once or twice a day. Gutload with sweet potatoes, carrots, collard greens, etc. Dust with bee pollen and Repashy superload. All done at least 24 hours before feeding.
- Supplements - Im going to use bee pollen everyday, calcium without D3 3 times a week, calcium with D3 once a week, switch between sticky tongue outdoor miner-all and Herptivite multi vitamin once a week.
- Watering - I have a MistKing that goes off for 3 minutes at a time at 8:30am, 12:30pm, 4:30pm, 8:30pm, 12:30am, and 4:30am. I also am using an exoterra plant dripper for my dripping system but the motor is in my MistKing reservoir so there is no bowl of standing water in the enclosure.
- Fecal Description - I don’t have him yet so I am not sure.
- History - Not sure yet but I am getting him from a breeder and he will be a juvenile.
- Cage Type - I have a 2x2x4 pvc hybrid cage with a screen at the bottom and a screen top, everything else is made of pvc.
- Lighting - I am using the vivarium electronics T5 HO fixture with an Arcadia 6% UVB T5 HO. A 100w basking bulb in a zilla black reflector dome lamp. I’m also using the bio dude glow and grow 6” LED for my plants. I have my lights set up to a timer to turn on at 8:30am and turn off at 8:30pm.
- Temperature - The cage floor is at 70 degrees F for the most part, the ambient temperature is usually around 72-80 degrees and the basking spot is about 80-90 degrees. I’ll update on temps at night. I measure my temperatures using a heat gun and a digital thermometer.
- Humidity - My humidity levels fluctuate between 50%-95%. I create and maintain these levels by using my mist king, having a dripper and using live plants in my enclosure. I use a digital hygrometer to measure humidity.
- Plants - I use pothos, bromeliad, yucca cane in paradise, croton Petra Mojave, Dorado, Umbrella tree, creeping fig, rosy maidenhair fern and Rosso,
- Placement - I put my cage in my room. It is next to a vent but I’m not worried about it because it doesn’t seem to effect my enclosure probably because mine is mostly made of pvc. I have a fan in my room but the back of it is facing the area my Cham is and not even close to the enclosure. The top of my cage is only about 2 feet under my ceiling so it’s pretty far off the ground. I have the enclosure on a table so it’s not sitting on the floor.
- Location - I live in Minneapolis, Minnesota