Chameleon always dark

Kostas

Ok so I had my Carpet for almost 2 weeks now. One thing that concerns me is my boy doesn't really show light colors at all. He's always in this dark brownish color like he's stressed, today morning was first time I saw his color change to almost transparent white when he saw crickets inside his cup. But even then once he noticed me he started turning that dark brown color again. It kinda makes me feel bad, like he's scared of me or something. Everytime I get close to the cage he start leaning away from me on the branch and stuff, I don't handle him at all. I only go inside room once or twice a day where he is located to fees him and clean and check or everything is alright.
I kinda feel bad like he thinks I'm gonna hurt him and stuff, which I haven't nor I intend too. But it would be nice to gain some trust :/

Maybe add more foliage to the enclosure, and he might feel more secure, and hidden.

Well he haves quite abit of foliage but he's basking spot haves nothing but branches and bamboo which I don't know or it's good or not. Still waiting on pothos to kick in, they started growing rather quick now.

It's tough when they behave that way for sure. My veiled is that way with me going on 4 months in my care. I have been able to hand feed on quite a few occasions even with the hiding behavior. Mine will even puff, hiss and lunge, that is when I leave him alone.

It's tough when they behave that way for sure. My veiled is that way with me going on 4 months in my care. I have been able to hand feed on quite a few occasions even with the hiding behavior. Mine will even puff, hiss and lunge, that is when I leave him alone.

Yeah i dont want to stress him what so ever but i dont want him to be like afraid of me just approaching the cage. He doesnt really puff unless my hand comes rather close to him. i keep handling to minimum.
One thing i was thinking his cage might be too big for him (its 2x2x4) yet he eats fine, drinks fine so i doubt thats the case

Back
Top Bottom