Chameleon Age

Litta354

Hello. I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me guesstimate the age of my chameleon. My mom got her from petsmart, I took her to my aunt who works at the vet. I’ve had her for almost 2 months now and she’s gone through 2 sheds. She is about 7 inches from tail to head. She’s appears to be in good condition but they were unable to tell me her age. Any help you could offer would help greatly.
256729CA-01F6-4109-8DA7-3A278F2C907A.jpeg

Welcome to the forum!

It's always hard to figure out their age because to some extent it depends on how much they've been fed...guessing 5 months.

Do you know that female veileds can produce eggs without having mated? It's important not to overfeed them as they approach maturity and from then on to keep the clutch size low or even stop them and thus give her a longer life. You will need a lay bin by the time she's mature too so she won't become eggbound and die.

If you answer the questions in the how to ask for he thread near the top of the health forum we can check your husbandry to see if anything needs to be changed.

Welcome to the forum!

It's always hard to figure out their age because to some extent it depends on how much they've been fed...guessing 5 months.

Do you know that female veileds can produce eggs without having mated? It's important not to overfeed them as they approach maturity and from then on to keep the clutch size low or even stop them and thus give her a longer life. You will need a lay bin by the time she's mature too so she won't become eggbound and die.

If you answer the questions in the how to ask for he thread near the top of the health forum we can check your husbandry to see if anything needs to be changed.
Thank you so much. I currently have a lay bin in her enclosure. It’s a plastic container that takes up about half of her bottom cage space. Thank you for the husbandry idea. I’ll submit it as soon as possible.

Back
Top Bottom