Chameleon acting strange

Mattyp9299

I woke up to day and found my chameleon sleeping like this, her lights come on at 9am and it’s now 3:43 pm and she still hasn’t moved. I’ve been looking at her and I notice about mid day she fell asleep is this normal??
B539C0B6-989C-4296-81DD-8470D8FFD130.jpeg

NO it is not normal. You need to help her up. She should not be just hanging there all day. Something is very wrong.

Can you take a picture of the entire cage including the lighting on top?

Yeah that’s her now I moved her up to the top, the uvb isn’t as far back as it looks on the picture the branch she is on is in the middle of both the lights and she dose have a lay bin in there atm but I took it out so u could see the cage fully

I can't see the bottom of the cage in the photo....is there an egglaying bin there?

I'm not a vet so this is just from my experience and that if others and from what I've read.

From the look of her she is carrying eggs...and from her behaviour she is likely eggbound and can't lay them. When a chameleon doesn't lay the eggs when she should, and starts behaving lethargically, etc...it won't be long (maybe a few days..maybe not) until she dies. Your only chance, if this is what's happening, is for her to see a good chameleon vet like yesterday.

Last edited:
I can't address the egg-laying, but the lighting has a relatively easy fix.

Once you establish a basking site with the UVB directly over it, there's nothing to say you cannot tilt the dual fixture. It can be several inches front or back of the UVB, and tilted so the light (and heat) are directed at the same basking site.

Back
Top Bottom