Cham wont use legs...

AgnesTheCham

This week my cham grew! Usually something to be happy about, but I have noticed that ever since then she hasn't been using her back legs half as much. When climbing she just drags them and only uses them when completely necessary. the area just above her hands seems to be puffy now too, however this is with all of them. I don't know if either of this has to do with her not using her back legs, but if it does I would really appreciate some clarification, and if not them I am not sure what I am gonna do! :eek:

She could be becoming egg bound. If she can not use her back legs she needs a vet as soon as possible.

Also post pictures and fill out the "how to ask for help" at the top of the thread

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Last edited:
Swollen limbs could be a painful condition called gout. If she is in pain, she may not use her legs. She could be eggbound as the other member suggested. Female chams can lay eggs without being mated incase you did not know. Please fill out the form and more importantly, post some pictures of your chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom