cham wont eat or grow help!!

brianrapisarda

recently beccame owner of a baby nosy be male had him for about a month and he has not grown at all he only eats the smallest of crickets but wont touch anything bigger ive seen his brother and he seems to be almost twice his size
18x18x24 cage msit for 15 seconds every 3 hours 100 watt heat lamp and uv light on about 12 hours aday need advice quick please help:confused:

first of all don't compare your chameleon with others or you will drive yourself crazy. Not all grow and color at the same pace. If he is eating, he will grow unless there is really something biologically wrong with him and I doubt that is the case. You say he is eating small crickets. What is wrong with that? Has he shed since you have had him? What temps are you getting with a 100 watt light?

i gutload and calcium dust but not seeming to make a difference he doesnt have any problem catching them when he does decide to

thanks for the care sheet tip ive been curious he is starting to show blue on his head im just concerned if his nutrition is proper

What kind of a habitat do you have him in? Does he have a basking area? I have found that a cham needs to bask in order to process the food that he is eating. Just eating it doesn't help him use the calories and nutrients to their potential.

Please fill out the help form at the beginning of the thread to better assist us in helping us help you.

thanks for the help im hoping he will start to grow and move up in size of food anything bigger then the smallest of crickets scares him

Don't worry about his size if he's eating he will eventually grow, I always compared my veiled to others and was so worried, a female that was 6 months old was bigger than my oneyear old male, but all of a sudden he grew at least four inches. :D

Back
Top Bottom