Cham wont drink?

Dumzy

Established Member
My veiled just wont drink water.. His cage mists every 4 hours for 30 seconds, but he wont drink anything.. Ive tried waterfalls, dripping it onto his face and showers, nothing works and his urate is a dark brownish orange, any ideas?

You need at least 2 misting sessions of at least 4 minutes to encourage him to drink. The longer sessions will stimulate him to drink. Personally I mist every 2 hours. One morning and one afternoon misting is set for 4 min 30 seconds and the others are set to 45 seconds.

You need at least 2 misting sessions of at least 4 minutes to encourage him to drink. The longer sessions will stimulate him to drink. Personally I mist every 2 hours. One morning and one afternoon misting is set for 4 min 30 seconds and the others are set to 45 seconds.
Huh, alright, my cham seems to get mad at the water.. Gets all dark and hisses at the nozzle.

Just don't spray him directly. It might tick him off but it is necessary to keep up the humidity and get them to drink.

Just don't spray him directly. It might tick him off but it is necessary to keep up the humidity and get them to drink.
I dont spray him directly.. I have a mister setup for him, cant really control where he is when it mists..

I have a mistking and my cham wont really drink the water from that but if i use a dripper on top of his cage he will drink no problem.

I dont spray him directly.. I have a mister setup for him, cant really control where he is when it mists..

He will end up getting used to the shedule of it. Mine used to run but now he knows what to expect and every once and a while I actually see him going into the spray.

My veiled just wont drink water.. His cage mists every 4 hours for 30 seconds, but he wont drink anything.. Ive tried waterfalls, dripping it onto his face and showers, nothing works and his urate is a dark brownish orange, any ideas?

Since his unrated are orangish you might want think about getting him some horn worms to help hydrate him.

Back
Top Bottom