cham tongue is short??

Jakeelias93

my panther doesn't seem to use the full length of his tongue, i was wondering if this would be a problem. i hand feed him and he eats a TON of crickets so i don't think its strained or he wouldn't use it at all right? im supplementing once a week with multivitamin and calcium d3. 5.0 reptisun and a regular 75 watt lightbulb for lighting. he only eats food thats a max of an inch and a half away from his mouth, and if i try to challenge him, he just straight doesn't extend it passed that inch.

Do you use plain calcium daily? Depending on brands and whether he gets outside time in the sun it is usual to supplement d3 and multivitamins every two weeks.:)

my panther doesn't seem to use the full length of his tongue, i was wondering if this would be a problem. i hand feed him and he eats a TON of crickets so i don't think its strained or he wouldn't use it at all right? im supplementing once a week with multivitamin and calcium d3. 5.0 reptisun and a regular 75 watt lightbulb for lighting. he only eats food thats a max of an inch and a half away from his mouth, and if i try to challenge him, he just straight doesn't extend it passed that inch.

this suggests a nutritional issue. but there are many possibilities.

You may find this blog entry useful:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/232-tongue-troubles.html

I suggest you provide detailed answers to all of the questions in the How To Ask For Help Sticky. We may be able to see a cause.

Do you use plain calcium daily? Depending on brands and whether he gets outside time in the sun it is usual to supplement d3 and multivitamins every two weeks.:)

I can't find calcium powder without d3, and I just bought him from a breeder so I have no idea what he did or did not do.

I get my repcal products online for calcium with d3 w/out d3 and multivitamin. if you have to go to a local pet store and they don't have it for some reason have them order it for you. if they carry calcium with d3 they can order without (don't know why they wouldn't have one but not the other... it happens.)

hope the little guy gets better though.

as for sites to order from there's amazon, repcal, zoomed, flukerfarms. Amazon carries all 3 of those brands. just what i've used for past reptiles, i use rep cal for Charma currently.

Reptile shops don't stock what we need because they haven't a clue how the look after chams:confused: however there are exceptions to the rule.:)

Back
Top Bottom