Cham Still Not Eating 1 Week After Shedding

sweetmisery

Im concerned now, cuz it eats a lot of superworms(small) and crickets, suddenly it stopped eating, and next day it was shedding. Now its a week after its shedding and its still not eatin. Its ribs start to show. There are still a few old skin in its belly part. Any idea why he is still not eating?

He is 3 + months old. A veiled male.

How is he otherwise?
Drinking?
Basking?
A week is not that long to go without food for an adult or even sub-adult, however, if he is only 3 months old he should have a big appetite.
Do you have pictures you can post?

-Brad

Ill try to post pics soon.

I heavy mist him daily to be sure. He is still active, very fast when he is being misted. He loves basking. Its just the appetite which is alarming.

Should I take off any old skin that is still with him?

Our big Veil (350 grams) would go through this and I wasted a lot of money at the vet. In the end he would eat as he wanted and sometimes go for well over a week. I almost lost my mind. 6.5 years later he's still with us.

Misting actually got him to eat more regularly. You need to mist more than once a day. 3-4 times would be best. In my experience only, I get the water hot in the microwave then pour it into a mist bottle. I test that when it comes out its just warm not hot. Once the water mists it drops considerably in temp. I wet him down completely and then move to the rest of the tree. When the water is warm they like it a lot more. The cold water seems to shock them. Just like a cold shower being dumped on us would shock us I guess..

After a week of that he started eating more regularly.

OK thanks guys! Ill do what you advised, though I mist him hard 3 times a day already. Ill try a really hot mist.

Though earlier this morning, I saw his superworms vanished, Ill check with the new batch, hopefully its him who ate it and not some house gecko that got in.lol

Back
Top Bottom