Cham sleeping under humidifier

Hello all,
I’m just writing because I’m curious to know if it’s okay for a cham to sleep right under where the humidifier pumps out mist/fog?
I have my humidifier set up so that the tube is positioned at the top of the cage to flow down, there’s a small vine right under the tube that will sometimes catch water as it drips through the screen and tonight my cham decided to plop his butt right on it for bedtime. The humidifier is pumping fog and mist on and all around him but he doesn’t seem to mind and is going right to sleep. Is this okay for him to sleep in the fog or should I just move the tube over so it’s not pouring on him ? Never seen it happen before haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 102
Hello all,
I’m just writing because I’m curious to know if it’s okay for a cham to sleep right under where the humidifier pumps out mist/fog?
I have my humidifier set up so that the tube is positioned at the top of the cage to flow down, there’s a small vine right under the tube that will sometimes catch water as it drips through the screen and tonight my cham decided to plop his butt right on it for bedtime. The humidifier is pumping fog and mist on and all around him but he doesn’t seem to mind and is going right to sleep. Is this okay for him to sleep in the fog or should I just move the tube over so it’s not pouring on him ? Never seen it happen before haha
My guess is that wherever you move it, your Cham will find a way to sleep under it. I think it’s probably fine, and I’ve heard of this phenomenon before. As I understand it, most chams see and enjoy nighttime humidity levels near 100%. You could put up plastic on three of the fours walls of your cage, and allow your Cham to get 100% nighttime anywhere s/he sleeps.

My guess is that wherever you move it, your Cham will find a way to sleep under it. I think it’s probably fine, and I’ve heard of this phenomenon before. As I understand it, most chams see and enjoy nighttime humidity levels near 100%. You could put up plastic on three of the fours walls of your cage, and allow your Cham to get 100% nighttime anywhere s/he sleeps.
Thanks for the feedback! We have pvc type walls drilled into the sides of the cage that have definitely helped us keep humidity levels up and the humidifier was an added support for that. Maybe he didn’t get enough water and hydration today so I’ll be sure to be extra attentive to that tomorrow. Maybe yeah he just likes it too?! Thank you!:)

Thanks for the feedback! We have pvc type walls drilled into the sides of the cage that have definitely helped us keep humidity levels up and the humidifier was an added support for that. Maybe he didn’t get enough water and hydration today so I’ll be sure to be extra attentive to that tomorrow. Maybe yeah he just likes it too?! Thank you!:)
Dripper during the day, misting and fogging at night. That’s what works best for me. (I don’t have to fog, because my guys are in a greenhouse and the nightime humidity is always 99.9%.)

Back
Top Bottom