Cham sick with MBD

NvC Dex

I was hoping i was doing a good enough job but I guess it still happened. One of my boys has MBD... Now I haven't gotten it confirmed with a vet because they are closed but judging from pictures and symptoms, I am 99.5% sure that what he has... Now my question is, What do I need to do to get my boy better. He is roughly 8 months old, lives in a 12x12x24 viv with 2 pothos plants. fed with gutloaded crickets and receives his cal intake w/o d3 daily, w/ d3 bi-weekly, and multivitamin bi-weekly ( diff weeks than cal w/ d3). Should I start giving him liquid cal supplement w/o d3? I wont be on much longer once I finish this till about 3 hours from now...

I'd definitely make a vet appointment ASAP just to get a confirmation. What is his lighting like? Could you fill out the how to ask for help form so we can get a better idea of husbandry? Also 12x12x24 seems awfully small for an 8 month old male. You might want to consider bumping up his cage size and getting an all screen enclosure instead.

Can we get a picture of the little guy, too?

I'm sure you've got this covered, but are your UV bulbs still within their effective life? From what you posted everything looks to be in line supplement wise, which is why I'm wondering if the light isn't allowing him to process what you're giving him. Maybe someone else has a better idea, but that the first thing that comes to mind. I had to set up calendar so that I could set up a schedule for when bulbs need to change, what supplements when and it also helps me to write down when he sheds etc. All that said, I lose track of time on things so I didn't want to let my guy suffer (knowing my own tendencies).

Hope you get it figured out, maybe someone with more experience can chime in with some better insight.

Please post a recent photo of your chameleon and list the brand names of the supplements you use. What do you feed / gutload the insects with?

OK, so I got a reptisun 5.0 since his enclosure isn't that tall. Until I finish on my custom one. I am calling the vet tomorrow to see what I need to do. I also purchased liquid calcium w/o d3 to start giving him instead of dusting his crickets. I gut load the crickets with oats and various fruits and veggies depending on what I have that day. I believe he could have started getting MBD from his previous owner and it just got gradually worse over the 3 months I have had him. I'll post a pic of him when I get home.

This is the stuff i have..Flukers calcium w/d3, exo Terra multivitamin, zilla liquid calcium supplement w/o d3, for crickets- flukers orange cube, Oats, veggies, fruits.

The pic is one of my chams. His name is Treeko. Can't really tell due to the way he is laying.. I didn't want to disturb him since its a Lil past his bed time. It was about 5 min till lights out.

Attachments

• 20150918_215201.jpg
    20150918_215201.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 89
Here's a different picture. He decided to move a little. You can see it better in this one. Sorry for the photos being sideways. I'm on my phone...

Attachments

• 20150918_215905.jpg
    20150918_215905.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 77
Back
Top Bottom