cham open mouth

christyo2o2

I know it has been posted in the forum of chams sitting with their mouth open but I cant seem to find any of the threads.

Scooter has been sitting in his cage with his mouth wide open for 2 days, any ideas or where threads may be located with this issue?

Thanks

yah, I dont know why it would be like this now. I havent changed anything with temps in a while, if anything it has gotten a wee bit colder because of the winter.

huh, so u said wide open? if thats the case idk. wide open is big lol. my cham just barley opens his mouth and goes down the cage about half way.

lol well not WIDE open. but maybe halfway. I moved his vine just a bit lower away from the heat lamp. Its bed time for him so i will watch him tomarow and see how it did. Thanks for the help this was the info i was looking for.

yea give it a shot and just see what happens. my chams basking vine is about 8-9inches from his bulb. i use a 100 watt mercury vapor and a 100 watt reptile bulb. so it gets warm up top. the UV penetrates a good 12 inches so i could go lower if i had too. he seems to regulate his heat well on his own.

laitly my cham has been opening his mouth a slight bit when he walks down the vine. i dont no why. he looks like he is smiling in a weird way.

yah so i moved the vine about a half inch to an inch lower away from the heat bulb and I havent seen him with his mouth open since. Im guessing he was hot.

Back
Top Bottom