Cham only eating greens..

MissMeela

Established Member
Is it healthy for my chameleon to eat only greens? My make veiled is about 10 months and has been on a hunger strike for what seems like a month now.. I feed him collard greens every other day and sometimes times shredded carrots just to make sure he eats. But won't seems to touch the crickets any more. I bought some dubia roaches, which he will only eat one of, and only after I feed him a super worm. He thinks he's getting another worm so he'll eat the roach, but not eat another one after that.. I'm trying to keep him from only eating super worms so I only give them to him once or twice a week. Henceforth, his main staple is collard greens and carrots and sometimes kale..
Any suggestions?

Can you fill out the "how to ask for help" form? It would help us discover why your cham might be on a hunger strike. Just copy and paste it here, and fill it out as best you can :) It could be that your cham is "spoiled" on superworms, but it could also be that there is something else going on that is suppressing his appetite, so that only the super tasty superworms are temping him. Better to check than be sorry! You can find the form here: (a clear photo of your cham and enclosure would be helpful too)

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Also, if you haven't taken a fecal sample to the vet to check for parasites in the last week or so, I would do that right away. That is a big issue for chams, for sure.

Back
Top Bottom