Cham not using tongue ?

Lewis

My male veiled chameleon is not using his tongue to feed , I have been placing insects in his mouth . Any idea on why this is ? Here is a pic of him

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.3 KB · Views: 174
I just went back and read all your previous posts and people on this forum have been trying to help you with this issue for over a month! Has you cham been to a new vet for the MBD as people told you to over a month ago? If not do that immediately, also have you changed your supplements as people told you to, to calcium without d3 everyday and calcium with d3 everyother week and multivitamin on the opposing everyother week? As I read your previous posts you seem to be ignoring advise and concerns for your chameleon.....people take advise get him to a qualified herp vet and get him the help he desperately needs!

I just went back and read all your previous posts and people on this forum have been trying to help you with this issue for over a month! Has you cham been to a new vet for the MBD as people told you to over a month ago? If not do that immediately, also have you changed your supplements as people told you to, to calcium without d3 everyday and calcium with d3 everyother week and multivitamin on the opposing everyother week? As I read your previous posts you seem to be ignoring advise and concerns for your chameleon.....people take advise get him to a qualified herp vet and get him the help he desperately needs!

Yes! I've done everything they said and the MBD is improving but he is still not using his tongue !

So what did your vet say about him not using his tongue? It is alway important to let people know the history of your cham when asking a question so they can better help you.

Did the vet take x rays? Fecal? Any other diagnostic testing? And yes your chameleon does not look good. I think a more thorough vet visit with calcium injections is in order.

Man sorry to say your guy looks horrible. Please take the advice of others on here because what you are doing obviously isn't working.

Did he give him any injections? So how are you supplementing now? His tail has nothing to do with his tongue. Your chameleon has MBD and that is most likely why he cannot use his tongue. Not being able to shoot the tongue could be due to an injury, but considering your chameleon's condition it is more than likely related to his illness.

Did he give him any injections? So how are you supplementing now? His tail has nothing to do with his tongue. Your chameleon has MBD and that is most likely why he cannot use his tongue. Not being able to shoot the tongue could be due to an injury, but considering your chameleon's condition it is more than likely related to his illness.

No he didn't give him injections , he is getting plain calcium everyday and D3 every 2 weeks

He had been to the vet because he had a prolapse ( he had been receiving to much of the same food ) and the vet did not say that he had anything about him having MBD and about his tongue all he said was I need to get him feeding again ?

He had been to the vet because he had a prolapse ( he had been receiving to much of the same food ) and the vet did not say that he had anything about him having MBD and about his tongue all he said was I need to get him feeding again ?

I thought you said the vet gave you a supplement schedule for him for the MBD?

Back
Top Bottom