Cham lost outside in NY

my two will climb out of their tree every chance they get. They can move very quickly I have found! What are your night temps where you live? Hopefully being summer you will be ok. Good luck in the search and keep us posted!!!

No luck yet

I just finished looking for 5 1/2 hours straight. It's raining, I'm exhausted, and I'm on crutches - LOL. No red curly tail in sight. Unfortunately, I think he's in a 1/4-1/2 acre area of thick brush and 20 ft. trees. Lots of great chameleon habitat. As for temps, it's 58-61 tonight, so I hope he'll be ok.

I'm hoping we'll find him tomorrow. Got flyers ready for neighbors. Thanks again for everyone's kind thoughts.

Marla

wow

Now I know not to put mines in a tree as for u I wish u the best of luck cause I I would of called the fire department something would have to give

Those temps are fine,the night time temperatures could get down to 50 and I would still think he could sleep through it fine.

Please take care of yourself!

At the moment he won't move where he is cuz its night time .when u start looking again it should be early before the morning warms up again ,what u should do is start with one main branch at a time and follow it all the way till it ends .put tape or something on each one u searched ,process of elimination. Sort of like a grid. Most likely he is still on that tree. If not mark each branch until u do the whole tree then start in the next one. Take ur time searching each branch at a time . Good luck

You could also take high resolution pictures (because I assume you have a newer and better camera than I do) and put them in a photobucket or flikr album. Post a link here. Maybe we can spot him.

Just wanted to add my good wishes for both of you. Incidentally, what have you done to end up on crutches?

I have to say, my jackson's will ABSOLUTELY climb down to go over to the next item over, be it tree, trellis, or even person. She's a determined little beast.

Stick with it, he will turn up somehow. Tell near neighbours to keep an eye out, and it might be worth contacting your local animal or reptile rescue centres in case he has been found already.

If left to their own devices like this, will they just keep climbing up and up? Is there a height they'll stick to?

Still looking

We spent all day and much of the night looking for Zen. I also put out a basking light and a terrarium filled with crickets with a vine. I am losing hope we'll find him alive. It is going to be low 50s tonight. I also still can't see him climbing off a tree and think that he may have been eaten by a local hawk or other bird. We're still going to keep looking, though. I haven't given up totally and we really love and miss him.

Thanks again for everyone's support!

Marla

Please don't give up hope.
Krash escaped twice, once for 9 days, the other for 12 days. he crossed roads, cars, birds, cats, dogs and was found both times, several blocks from my home, in great shape. The second time it was the middle of winter, for us it's not bad, but it was in the 50's at night. He only lost 5 grams of weight and wasnt dehydrated.
anne

I live in the schenectady area - I have tomorrow after 3pm off and most of monday off and I, myself, am very agile with climbing trees. If you'd like me to check out the area and get high up in there, let me know. I sent you a PM with my number.

Thanks, Burnedrose

Burnedrose that would be fantastic!!! We can't thank you enough for your generous offer!!! The cham is my 13-yo. daughters and she is so heartbroken. She said today "if only we could find someone who knew where to look and could climb trees." The biggest problem we are having is trying to see him in the taller trees. We will be home tomorrow after 5:30 and are home all day on Monday. I'll give you a call when I receive your PM.

Thank you again so much!!!!!

Marla

Burnedrose, you are so nice!

hilltowner...your night time temperatures are well within his tolerance, don't worry about that. His instinct is to hide from predators so hopefully your fear about the birds is unfounded.

Back
Top Bottom