cham is gloomy in cage

parishcromer

I filled out the care sheet and husbandry is spot on. 5.5 mo male Panther is dark colors, sitting mid level, looking gloomy all day until his lights go out.

I think he ate a large hornworm and silkworm this morning cause they are gone.

I get him out of his cage and he puts on his nice colors when I pick him up but seems afraid and would rather be back in cage.:confused:

Why is he gloom and doom in cage and BRIGHT outside of cage but SCARED?
Shouldnt it be the other way around, bright in cage and dark when I get him out?

are you able to take him outside on a small free range plant? all mine seem happier once they have been outside for a bit in the sun, maybe that will bring him around :)

He gets dusted and loaded crix and horn worms, mealies, silkies, phoenix, when he decides to eat them. I get him out and he lightens up right away. He is happy. But is still scared of me. I will try to carry him on a stick to help keep him calm. I just worry about his somber mood in his cage and lack luster appetite.
cal. every feeder
cal D3 twice a month
repti vit twice a month

You have a UVB bulb, right? and has it been changed out lately? Trying to think of things...What about substrate? Could he have eaten something?

I put a repti 5.0 bulb in two weeks ago. Its without the plastic cover

here is pic of his shed and after

Attachments

• shed.jpg
    shed.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 73
  • after shed.jpg
    after shed.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 76
I don't have any substrate in my cage. Just the plastic bottom that the cage came with, it's so much easier to clean that having the reptile carpet or anything else.

Back
Top Bottom