cham hasnt eatten in 2 days

I would say no. They usually have endless appetites at that age. You have had him two weeks, so he should be pretty settled into his environment. Have you tried feeding him larger feeders or something that might be too intimidating for him?

At that age mine were all pigs eating everything in site! If your just feeding crickets maybe try to switch it up with something else repti worms small silk worms of if you can find them small horn worms. Good luck and I hope your guy starts eating again

yea hes drinking good i think? i mist 2-4times a day..his poop is bright white with one half brown/black

good sign that he is drinking. White urate is great! Did you try feeding him this morning yet?

yes they are always moving around looking ive read that on another thread and started watching for that so as far as ive seen hiseyes are good basking stays between 83-85

not eating

I see you are in Canada. I was told that if the temperature is not warm enough they will not eat. However, I am babysitting for 2 veiled chameleons. One is almost a year old and the other is maybe 6 months old. Neither are eating. The young one drinks. The older one is eating dirt. I am in NJ. I was hoping to get some input on not eating as well.
I have changed the bedding in their cages every week, and put the small one in a new screened cage instead of an aquarium which has no air flow.
I just added a hibiscus plant in the little cage and Jack pretty much climbed right in. I also added a fogger yesterday because I could not keep the humidity up. Jack is afraid of the fog. I have 2 or 3 weeks to go before my son comes back from Europe to save these guys. I've had them 4 weeks on Tuesday and I hope they live till he gets back. Temp should be around 80 degrees and Humidity between 50 and 70%. Best of luck!
OH I fed horn worms, silk worms. At first they loved them. Then a horn worm bit Richard the big one and now he wont go near them. Crickets are all Richard is eating. I bought Butter worms too. Twice the calcium. Mulberryfarms.com Nice people.

Why has nobody stated the obvious? When was the little guys last shed? He might be fasting because he knows he'll have an uncomfortable shed and then a growth spurt. He is well hydrated so give him a warn gentle mist often enough and don't worry unless it lasts a week........

yea ive been doing a warmer mist.. he did end up eatting yest about 10-15 crickets so i was really happy .. was getting worried i just didnt have time yest to post.he was going thru a shedding..thanks for all the help to all!

maybe be i just didnt think he'ed go two almost three days.. but his stool was white so he was hydrated.

Back
Top Bottom