Cham gone crazy!

So yesterday i had a 7 hour car drive back home from college and i had to bring my cham with me, i know 7 hours is a loong time but their was nothing else i could do. This morning, after feeding him about 4 crickets, he literally started going crazy, like moving back and forth/side to side on the vine as if he didnt know where to go and climbing all over the top and sides of the cage, i thought he was gonna fall onto the floor cuz he was acting so wild. He's calmed down a little bit since then but I'm kind of worried that the car drive stressed him out a little too much or maybe he was just really happy to not be moving around in the car, what do you guys think?

me and my flat mates all have chameleons and we have long drives regularly. they calm down pretty quick and seem so happy when no in the car!

Well, remember that chameleons get shipped overnight and spend way more than 7 hours in a small box. So they don't like it, but hundreds of us have chameleons that were shipped to us and did just fine afterwards. How did you transport him?

If he was stressed there's not much you can do except let him relax in his new setting. He may have been spooked by something in his new room? Just let him relax and settle into the new environment and he should be fine, I think.

He seemed pretty scared in the car ride and was barely moving around his enclosure, so i don't think he liked the car ride too much haha. I transported him in the same enclosure so his environment didn't change too much, just the stress of the car constantly moving might have been too much. I am gna try and take him outside to see if he relaxes and feels a little bit more comfortable in a natural setting, thanks for the help guys

Matt if you need to transport him again, might want to try putting him in a fairly small box and keeping it closed. He will go to sleep and not be as stressed. I always put in a paper towel and a stick for my guys.
I am sure he will return to normal soon.

He seemed pretty scared in the car ride and was barely moving around his enclosure, so i don't think he liked the car ride too much haha. I transported him in the same enclosure so his environment didn't change too much, just the stress of the car constantly moving might have been too much. I am gna try and take him outside to see if he relaxes and feels a little bit more comfortable in a natural setting, thanks for the help guys

Thanks for the reply laurie. I was kind of in a hurry so i just decided to take the entire enclosure, but i have to transport him again in 2 weeks so i'll definitely try it that way and see if it turns out better. He has gone back to normal now tho after taking him out in the sun

Back
Top Bottom