Cham Getting Ready For Bed?

carbyville

I've got Claudia on a very strict day/night schedule and have since I got her. The timers turn on and off at 9am and 9pm. I've noticed that over time she seems to get "ready for bed" so to speak. She crawls down to her favorite hibiscus branch and seems to settle it. She doesn't sleep, but she just hangs out there.

Does anyone else's chams do this? Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? Sorry if this sounds like a silly question. I feel like a new mom with this little one. I even check on her in the middle of the night lol. I just want to do my best for her so thought I'd ask :)

2 of mine do this. About 15-20 minuyes before lights off. The third one has not been here long enough and is still settling in but im sure she will end up the same way.

2 of mine do this. About 15-20 minuyes before lights off. The third one has not been here long enough and is still settling in but im sure she will end up the same way.

This makes me feel so much better! I am a worrier by nature, so every little thing she does I'm usually Googling or asking about lol. Now that I know it's normal, it's so cute. I love that she's adjusting to the schedule I've got her on :)

Funny, I was just logging on to ask this question. My 6 month old Panther does this. Sometimes if it's raining he will start settling at 5pm ( lights out are at 7:30pm). He stays outside most of the day and comes in when it gets above 90 degrees. I try to keep the whole room bright or he seems to start to wind down after I bring him inside. I keep wondering if I should change the timer from 6am to 6pm.

This is pretty normal. My 6 month panther will settle down as early as 1.5 hours before his lights go off. On rare occasion, he'll still be wandering after his light goes off, but he mostly finds a sweet spot and sticks to it.

My lights go on at 7am and go off at 8pm.

I've had mine for just over a week or so and she already does this. She reminds me to turn off the lights on time. :p She basically becomes a leaf hanging upside down. lol

I should get a timer though.

Yesterday I came home at like 9pm and my baby panther was already curled up in the vines sleeping. My veiled chameleon was still wide awake.

My guy goes down to his sleepy spot 3 or even 4 hours before lights out every day it seems like. It is kind of concerning to me as he also does not eat as many bugs as other chameleons typically do.

From my observations of keeping both: panthers go to bed more regulary than veils. My guys and gals are in bed 1-2 hours before lights off. That said, they are awake when lights turn on. My schedule is 7am-7pm. The veils went to sleep minutes before or after lights off. IMHO: Panthers are your good child you raised and veils are that other kid of yours. :D

Mine is free range, if he didnt have a "sleeping stick" id never see him. He just wakes up, gets a bath, eats, then its off to explore till 5-6pm when he wanders back to his stick. Been like clock work for the last 2 years since he became an adult. I know if hes not at his stick by 7pm hes stuck somewhere and its time to go hunting.

Awww my veileds and panthers do that, about 30 min before lights out. :) I've never seen my jackson's do it though.

Back
Top Bottom