Cham enclosure size

Toothless3

So I have a 3 and a half month old piebald veiled chameleon and my cage is 18 by 18 by 36. I thought that was too big for him so I basically put a net around a foot up so that he wouldn’t have as much space. My question is, was that dumb? I want him to get pretty big so I’m not sure if having it cut off stops him from growing a lot. I was planning on removing the net in like 2 or 3 months when he’s older. I honestly don’t even know if this makes sense, hope somebody gets it lol.

He really needs a 24 X 24 x 48 full grown. Let him have his whole cage now and then upgrade at about 6 months. Is this a he or she?

So I have a 3 and a half month old piebald veiled chameleon and my cage is 18 by 18 by 36. I thought that was too big for him so I basically put a net around a foot up so that he wouldn’t have as much space. My question is, was that dumb? I want him to get pretty big so I’m not sure if having it cut off stops him from growing a lot. I was planning on removing the net in like 2 or 3 months when he’s older. I honestly don’t even know if this makes sense, hope somebody gets it lol.
Net is fine if he looks completely dwarfed in enclosure, can’t find his food, basking spot, etc, or is stumbling around. Your chameleon will grow regardless of the size of it’s enclosure if your husbandry is correct.

The cage is fine for your chameleon’s age without a net, just don’t forget to upgrade to a bigger cage as it grows

Whom said the chameleon was sick? Please be careful on the advice you are giving ERRle
I was just saying if the cham can’t get to it’s basking spot or food, because it’s not like the cage is too big. I didn’t mean to imply it was sick

You sure? I blew up the profile pic and could noit tell
I mean that’s what the guy at the store said, he looked pretty confident that he was a boy because the first one I picked was a female and I told him I wanted a male. I know there’s suppose to be something in his two back legs but idk what I’m looking for.

Back
Top Bottom