Cham enclosure size

tarsalspur.jpg
This is a male

I don't chill when
bad advice is being given. A female cage needs to be big enough to support a laying bin and 18x 18 x 36 is MINIMUM
I said it was minimum. We’re all learning and sharing here, I thought my advice was fine, but thank you for your feedback. I will go do more research so I’m better prepared in the future- in the meantime, I suggest you calm down and we both learn from this

I suggest you research advice before you give it. Now I am done
My cage enclosure size opinion was not wrong according to the veiled chameleon or panther chameleon care sheets here on chameleon forums, as for the net, it was just a suggestion, and I wasn’t implying the chameleon was sick. If you could kindly point out where wrong information was given, I’d be happy to go study it more

So I have a 3 and a half month old piebald veiled chameleon and my cage is 18 by 18 by 36. I thought that was too big for him so I basically put a net around a foot up so that he wouldn’t have as much space. My question is, was that dumb? I want him to get pretty big so I’m not sure if having it cut off stops him from growing a lot. I was planning on removing the net in like 2 or 3 months when he’s older. I honestly don’t even know if this makes sense, hope somebody gets it lol.
It's good to remember that these are arboreal animals and from what I've seen. as long as they can find their way around the enclosure, (can find food/basking spot) going big isn't a bad thing. this is just my opinion but always keeping an eye on your cham making sure that they aren't overwhelmed.

It's good to remember that these are arboreal animals and from what I've seen. as long as they can find their way around the enclosure, (can find food/basking spot) going big isn't a bad thing. this is just my opinion but always keeping an eye on your cham making sure that they aren't overwhelmed.
Thanks. I’ll make sure to keep an eye on him.

Back
Top Bottom