cham egg

It’s really early to try to sex it…but I’m thinking maybe girl. There is no way they can guarantee the sex of any unborn panther chameleon hatchling.

I almost never help one hatch…you can easily kill it trying and if it can’t get out on its own, it likely won’t have survived long if you helped it….IMHO.

Last edited:
also I have heard a lot of different opinions, should us a heat lamp for a hatchling? I have one but not using it b I don't want to dehydrate it

also I have heard a lot of different opinions, should us a heat lamp for a hatchling? I have one but not using it b I don't want to dehydrate it

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

you are months and months away from a heat lamp.

He/she could still have a belly full of yoke(for lake of better term) to go through before it starts eating real food.

I can’t tell you when it will eat, but my I’d guess it would be in a day or two. I think female too as there’s no little hemipenal bulge…tail just goes straight. Usually most don’t use heat bulbs with babies and the ideal temp would be around 78.

Not sure about panthers but with my veil babies- It took about 3 or 4 days before they started eating. JMHO hydration is very important at this stage not only the drinking form. (y)
Also, make sure there are not too many flies when feeding. So happy for the long wait.
Can you share a picture of the enclosure? Thanks!

I am not messing with it and unfortunately its is my first Cham. but its definitely not my first exotic pet.
I don't know if you are already aware of this but there is an excellent podcast called the Panther Chameleon Podcast. The host Bill Strand goes into care for a panther starting from an egg. I strongly recommend it if you aren't already listening to it.

Back
Top Bottom