Cham doesn't like Misting Water

SamanthaElle

Considering the chlorine and contaminants in tap water, what water do you prefer for misting?

Distilled? Bottled?

Im asking because I have been using bottled spring water and if my cham accidentally gets hit with water during the mist he closes the eye/eyes that get water in them. He seems to really hate it and maybe be irritating to his eye.

Considering the chlorine and contaminants in tap water, what water do you prefer for misting?

Distilled? Bottled?

Im asking because I have been using bottled spring water and if my cham accidentally gets hit with water during the mist he closes the eye/eyes that get water in them. He seems to really hate it and maybe be irritating to his eye.

Water irritates every animals eyes. Ours, dogs, chams... etc. I think it's just them washing their eyes out. If he "Hates" the water he'll run from it.

Distilled? Bottled?

I use tap water with zoo med repti safe to remove the chlorine.

How long are you misting your cham? I've noticed that mine hates short mists but starts to really enjoy longer mists. Look at it like this, if you're standing in the shower and it randomly turns on, at first you're going to think "ahh its wet" but after a bit you're going to get use to it and start to relax and think "ahh this is nice." It's the same for chams. Try getting a auto-mister and let it go for 5 min each mist, your cham will love it.

Actually

it is fine to spray your chameleons in the eyes. they drink water not only through their mouths but also can push it in through their eyes. so spraying your chams lightly in the eyes is fine. and i have always used tap water and my chams are fine

it is fine to spray your chameleons in the eyes. they drink water not only through their mouths but also can push it in through their eyes. so spraying your chams lightly in the eyes is fine. and i have always used tap water and my chams are fine

I Learned something new. Thanks

OK, dont actually SPRAY your cham IN the eye, however, if water gets on him, dont fret. my cham hates being misted too, eventually he learned to cope.

Hey you never know! lol, i figured you were smart enough to know not to actually do that, but.. sometimes... you just got to be sure! ;) :rolleyes:

I couldn't agree with that more, 99% of the people are smart enough to not spray a cham directly in the eyes, but it's that 1% that scares me.

I couldn't agree with that more, 99% of the people are smart enough to not spray a cham directly in the eyes, but it's that 1% that scares me.

Exactly! Id rather say it, and have someone say dude i knew that already duh. then have someone do it and then complain when something goes wrong.

Woah, I kinda wish I could do that. ha!

Thats probably what hes doing...cuz I see him contracting his eye when that happens accidentally.

I use tap water with zoo med repti safe to remove the chlorine.

How long are you misting your cham? I've noticed that mine hates short mists but starts to really enjoy longer mists. Look at it like this, if you're standing in the shower and it randomly turns on, at first you're going to think "ahh its wet" but after a bit you're going to get use to it and start to relax and think "ahh this is nice." It's the same for chams. Try getting a auto-mister and let it go for 5 min each mist, your cham will love it.
Hahah, so true.

I will take note of all comments, thanks =)

This is slightly off topic but I use the Mist King and run it from a bucket of water at room temperature. Would he feel more comfortable with the water being heated in the bucket and if so at one tempereature?

Back
Top Bottom