Cham discoloration

wprazak

Here’s a picture of my Chamaeleon what are the white spots and is this color normal for her

yellow crested Jackson’s Chameleon

Attachments

• 809B1883-5CF7-4F0F-A413-A78C451408D4.jpeg
    809B1883-5CF7-4F0F-A413-A78C451408D4.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 84
If the white patches look flaky then it's stuck shed. It should work it's way off or come off with the next shed. If you have up graded her care her next shed will go smoother and that should be a thing of the past.

So I’ve upgraded my enclosure and she seems to stay this color more now. Is this normal ? Before in the small enclosure she would be various colors and would want out? Now she won’t come out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 79
So I’ve upgraded my enclosure and she seems to stay this color more now. Is this normal ? Before in the small enclosure she would be various colors and would want out? Now she won’t come out
Can we see the entire enclosure lights included??

That looks typical of a female trying to absorb heat or maybe just a little bit stressed. I don't see a lot of plant cover in that picture. She will be more comfortable and strangely less likely to hide if there are a lot of hiding places. The more plantds you have the haooeir they are and the more ou see of them and their relaxed colors.

Ok. So more plants. Will do. Now I just got to get her to drink more
How (by hand or automatic)—and how often—are you misting?
Do you have a dripper? (Usually not necessary with misting).

There are threads in the archives on building both.

I hand mist In the morning and evening as well as having a fogger. Also a bottle water with a pin hole dripping. She has her mouth open at times

I hand mist In the morning and evening as well as having a fogger. Also a bottle water with a pin hole dripping. She has her mouth open at times
Humidifiers are used at night (mostly) to keep up humidity they should not be used all day, and have to be used correctly. If her mouth is open she’s most likely too hot and trying to cool down but it can also be something else, just check that your temps are good. Mist for 2-5+ minutes. Also never squirt or force water into her mouth because it’s very dangerous. If the water is dripping from the top of the cage make sure it’s landing on leaves/vines so that she has multiple opportunities to drink. I’d also recommended doing a milk gallon since it can store more water than a water bottle so you won’t have to be filling it up every few hours :)
https://chameleonacademy.com/the-jacksons-chameleon-trioceros-jacksonii/
(Read through every module if you haven’t already, I don’t own a Jackson’s or know much about them so this is the best I can do)

Back
Top Bottom