Cham climbing the top

Pistachiochameleon

Established Member
My female Cham has been climbing the top of her cage the past week. I have no idea why she is doing this. Her basking temp is 80-85. She sits right under UVB lamp. And the humity is normal too? she is 6-7 months old and never done this before. It’s like she’s digging at the top of the screen. I am worried about her getting burned and just this behavior in normal? any help?

Attachments

• 3D109613-28FC-4FAA-89E7-9E0F80AE11E7.jpeg
    3D109613-28FC-4FAA-89E7-9E0F80AE11E7.jpeg
    235 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: iMi
Completely normal. But yes you need to adjust the basking light so she doesnt burn. This is why some people recommend angling the bulb to the cage vs putting it directly on top. Some even more creative chams know how to climb on the misting systems and adjust the nozzles so it doesnt spray in the cage no mo.

Reactions: iMi
Hello there.I definitely will drop that branch and the plants down right away...that gives the acess for her to grab onto the top screen...since the basking light is very hot it could easy burn the skin of ur precious cham.
U can use a long steady suitable size branch or even a bird ladder to let her climb on it n take her out to enjoy some natural sun ray if ur location weather is allow, that will be way better for her uvb absorption thru the natural sun instead of staying a very confined space with the manmade light n cage...couple hours of natural sunlight will help in a long way n get her out of the cage in the meantime.

This may be why she is trying to get on top of the bulb.... She is not getting the right level of UVI at the basking level. Need to get the T5 asap... Compact bulb is risking her developing mbd as well. Her getting so close like that is a real risk of her getting a thermal burn on her belly as well.

Back
Top Bottom