cham ate a indian walking stick, sorry no pics.

ghettomike

I bought four indian walking sticks months ago to start a colony with, well they are all adults now and have laid at least 100 or more eggs between them. All the sticks still have all 6 legs except one that is down to 3 legs (i don't know how he lost them, must have got in a fight with another one?) anyways the one with only 3 legs was having alot of trouble getting around so I decided to feed it to my f veiled and she seemed to love it. It was awesome seeing Carmie take down and eat a 4'' long stick bug for the first time and I cant wait to eventually feed more off once the eggs hatch. I'm kind of curious as to how many crickets would equal an adult stick bug as I don't want to over feed, I'm thinking one adult stick per feeding is equal to about 6 crix. I would recommend everybody that has access to these insects try feeding them as it was pretty awesome. Next time I will try to get some pics/video to share.

Reactions: Hoj
were the sticks not pets too ? mike or did you buy them as feeders...
also are they cham safe and whats their nutritional content like?

just curious?

hoj

p.s. i never noticed your in Stratford, do you deal with Drew and Tamara @ cham nation

Thats awesome mike! I dont know if 1 stick insect would be equal to 6 crix though, they are pretty thin arent they? I still cant believe my 3 died within a week... lol i still dont know how one of them managed to lose all 6 of its legs haha. Would definetly love to see some pics of your cham eating one though, are you going to the reptile expo on the 6th?

were the sticks not pets too ? mike or did you buy them as feeders...
also are they cham safe and whats their nutritional content like?

just curious?

hoj

p.s. i never noticed your in Stratford, do you deal with Drew and Tamara @ cham nation
Hey Hoj, They are kind of a pet but the one bug with only 3 legs left couldn't get around very good so I mercy fed it haha. I bought them with the full intention of starting a feeder colony but treated them as pets too. From what I have researched here on the forums they are cham safe and a nutritious feeder ( Im on my phone right now or I would try to find and link some of what I found)
My Carmie is from Drew/Tamara and she has been super healthy since the day I got her and I would def get another cham from them as they are great to deal with and have awesome chams (but you already know that)

Hey Hoj, They are kind of a pet but the one bug with only 3 legs left couldn't get around very good so I mercy fed it haha. I bought them with the full intention of starting a feeder colony but treated them as pets too. From what I have researched here on the forums they are cham safe and a nutritious feeder ( Im on my phone right now or I would try to find and link some of what I found)
My Carmie is from Drew/Tamara and she has been super healthy since the day I got her and I would def get another cham from them as they are great to deal with and have awesome chams (but you already know that)

ya tamara and drew r great my nosy be is their growing right now LoL, i dont know if ill be trying the stick bugs anytime soon but will def, be waiting for vid from you.
your comin to the expo right?

Thats awesome mike! I dont know if 1 stick insect would be equal to 6 crix though, they are pretty thin arent they? I still cant believe my 3 died within a week... lol i still dont know how one of them managed to lose all 6 of its legs haha. Would definetly love to see some pics of your cham eating one though, are you going to the reptile expo on the 6th?
Hello Jamie, how is the little guy doin? probably not so little anymore. These sticks were full grown, about 4.5'' long and their lower abdomen actually filled out quite a bit making them somewhat meaty,
and it took Carmie about a minute to slurp the whole thing back so thats why I'm thinkin it was equal to that many crix but who knows. I will let you and Hoj ( and a few others) know when the eggs start hatching as I will be able to part with some if you wanna try starting a colony again. I would like to go to the show but Im still not sure if I can make it. I'm assuming you will be there? I would like to go even just to meet some of our 'local' forum members. I'll let you know if I'll be there.

Back
Top Bottom