Central Indiana Reptile Shows

Lucio

I live in Indianapolis and am lucky to have access to reptile conventions each month. I noticed no one has mentioned the Midwest Reptile Show for sometime on the forum. I go every month and I love the place. They usually have supplies for as cheap as you are going to find them anywhere. This month we purchased 12 hornworms in their little habitat for 10$, a digital hygrometer for 5$, ReptiGlo 5.0 for 5$ and an electric waterfall for 32$. They have several vendors so if you find something cheaper at another booth most people will price match. They have a good selection of feeders, from roaches to silkworms and of course, crickets. The guy we got our veiled from is there every month and he is very knowledgeable.

I just discovered that there is a monthly reptile convention in Noblesville, IN. (The NE suburb of Indy) Has anyone been to it? The pictures they have posted online seem to indicate it may be worth checking out.

There was also a huge convention that was being held anually at the Convention Center and I believe it was called Indy Reptile Expo. I have been unable to find any information on it coming this year. I think the event happened in August. Does anyone have details?

Midwest Reptile Shows (317) 899-1599
: Indiana State Fair Grounds (Indianapolis)
: 10AM-4PM (Saturdays)
:Admission-5$ ages 9 and up
: April 17, May 15, June 5, July 10, August 28, September 25, October 23, November 13, December 18

Indiana Reptile Expo [email protected]
:2003 East Pleasant Street. Noblesville, IN 46060 Hamilton County Exibition Center And 4H Grounds
:10Am-4PM first Sunday of each month
:Admission-6$ age 9 and up

If anyone has been to these shows or knows of other shows please let me know what you think.

I go to the midwest reptile show. The 2nd from last one they had was huge, this last one was much smaller. They are usually worth going to if you are going to buy a couple things, otherwise admission just offsets the savings of buying stuff there.

They only usually have 1 good cham vendor there and thats the guy who sells veiled's. I've seen one vendor who really treats her chameleons well but I don't see her there every show.

I go to the midwest reptile show. The 2nd from last one they had was huge, this last one was much smaller. They are usually worth going to if you are going to buy a couple things, otherwise admission just offsets the savings of buying stuff there.

They only usually have 1 good cham vendor there and thats the guy who sells veiled's. I've seen one vendor who really treats her chameleons well but I don't see her there every show.

You are right, this one was smaller. I'm not sure if people are not used to it being on Saturday's now or if the Patio Show and the Gun Show that were also at the Fair Grounds hindered it in someway. I wish admission was cheaper also. By the time we pay 3$ for admission into the gate and 2 admissions we have already spent 13$ But it's a fun thing to do for an hour on a weekend day. I love looking at the sugar gliders and newts.

That is the guy we purchased our veiled from. His websight looks like he takes good care of them. I think it is a mother/son buisness. It's cool he is always representing veileds with his big male he brings to chill at his booth. I have seen panthers there once or twice but there are not alot of vendors who ever bring chameleons. I saw a milk frog there that I am pondering buying. It's been a long time since I've had a frog.

I know the people you are talking about and they are from Chicago and yes, they are a mother/son team. (as much as I like them and they have purchased chams from me before, I'm going to say this anyway....) Be careful, because not all correct advice can be gleaned from their booth and some of what they may tell you actually counters the advice that many of us on this forum would give. Also, what they do with that big breeder male they bring with them is not common for most (if not all) male veileds. Most often, they do not tolerate this type of handling. (I, for one, do not agree with passing him from person to person like that, but ...)

I have mentioned the Midwest show here before when I am down there. There are quite a few good vendors and it is a great show. Be aware, as a lot of the chams there are WC - just be sure to ask a lot of questions and do your research ahead of time.

Be careful, because not all correct advice can be gleaned from their booth and some of what they may tell you actually counters the advice that many of us on this forum would give.

That's why I have you guys.

That big male is super chill. Mine would never go for that.

Back
Top Bottom