Centipedes???

Thatcher

Chameleon Enthusiast
Anyone know what these are?
Still working on scheduling vet visit.
Peach fuzz has been very inactive today just sitting on a branch with his eyes closed but it does look like he’s in the hard part of a shed with his legs and eyes
What should I do about these

IMG_4921.jpeg

I have a plan

I will take him to the vet

Sometime around then I will scrap the entire enclosure and replace everything then move him to my dads house because he knows a lot about him and is willing to keep an eye on him while I’m at my moms house

This should be done in less than 2 weeks

Let me know if you guys have any ideas or if I’m on the right track

Centipedes is a new one for me and I’ve no idea how to eliminate them other than what Google might tell me. I do try to find a natural way to eliminate pests, like with a bug that is harmless to us and our chams, but deadly to the pest and just kind of goes away once it’s food source is gone or becomes a cham snack. I don’t see centipedes on the list, but this is helpful nonetheless.
I have a plan

I will take him to the vet

Sometime around then I will scrap the entire enclosure and replace everything then move him to my dads house because he knows a lot about him and is willing to keep an eye on him while I’m at my moms house

This should be done in less than 2 weeks

Let me know if you guys have any ideas or if I’m on the right track
A vet visit is a good idea always. Maybe have some labs done if you can.
Doing a thorough cleaning is also always a good idea when having unwanted pests. I’d say to maybe try to save the plants by removing all the soil down to bare root, but insect eggs can be super tiny and clingy. I just move problem plants to live outside.
It might be a nice change for your dad to take care of Peach Fuzz. I’m very biased, but I think it’s always good to convert another to the cham life your Dad will enjoy it. :)

Centipedes is a new one for me and I’ve no idea how to eliminate them other than what Google might tell me. I do try to find a natural way to eliminate pests, like with a bug that is harmless to us and our chams, but deadly to the pest and just kind of goes away once it’s food source is gone or becomes a cham snack. I don’t see centipedes on the list, but this is helpful nonetheless.

A vet visit is a good idea always. Maybe have some labs done if you can.
Doing a thorough cleaning is also always a good idea when having unwanted pests. I’d say to maybe try to save the plants by removing all the soil down to bare root, but insect eggs can be super tiny and clingy. I just move problem plants to live outside.
It might be a nice change for your dad to take care of Peach Fuzz. I’m very biased, but I think it’s always good to convert another to the cham life your Dad will enjoy it. :)
Dont really want to risk any unwanted bugs coming in again so I’m just gonna get new plants

Wish I had advice but I’m also dealing with greenhouse millipedes. I repotted and they CAME BACK. Sprinkles eats the dirt now trying to eat them. I took out so many infested plants. I suggest starting new /:

Just got him from the vet on the way home. They said I should give him antibiotics, I know there is a specific way to give it to him (orally) does anyone have the picture that shows the correct way to admister the antibiotic? It’s in a syringe

Back
Top Bottom