Centerpiece plant recommendations for bioactive tank

BenjiTheCham

Established Member
I’m setting up my 36 x 18 x 24 bioactive tank I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for centerpiece plants. I have been looking and most people will say trees and stuff, but it doesn’t seem practical in a 2 foot tall setup (including substrate)

I’m setting up my 36 x 18 x 24 bioactive tank I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for centerpiece plants. I have been looking and most people will say trees and stuff, but it doesn’t seem practical in a 2 foot tall setup (including substrate)
Just remember that they grow and chances are you will need to go to a larger enclosure down the line.
Screen enclosures seem to be prefered because of better ventilation.

Most people say it’s fine. It’s glass btw
No

24x18x36 is fine, what you are talking about is not fine.

51INVM2J9+L._AC_SS350_.jpg

24x18x36 Is fine.

PT2614_Natural_Terrarium_Filled_36_x_24.jpg

36x18x24 NOT fine.

61Mh07DbY-L._AC_SX466_.jpg

36x18x36 Is best

I have been looking and most people will say trees and stuff, but it doesn’t seem practical in a 2 foot tall setup (including substrate)

Its not practical in a 2ft setup with 18 inches of open space, however nor is that enclosure suitable for a Tree Chameleon.

If you already have that Glass tank, get a Bush Chameleon for it (Carpet Chameleons pretty common Bush Cham). That is not going to work for a Tree Chameleon.

No

24x18x36 is fine, what you are talking about is not fine.

51INVM2J9+L._AC_SS350_.jpg

24x18x36 Is fine.

PT2614_Natural_Terrarium_Filled_36_x_24.jpg

36x18x24 NOT fine.

61Mh07DbY-L._AC_SX466_.jpg

36x18x36 Is best

Its not practical in a 2ft setup with 18 inches of open space, however nor is that enclosure suitable for a Tree Chameleon.

If you already have that Glass tank, get a Bush Chameleon for it (Carpet Chameleons pretty common Bush Cham). That is not going to work for a Tree Chameleon.
Yeah, I didn’t realize this earlier

Most people say [36 x 18 x 24] it’s fine. It’s glass btw
I think most people here would say as large as you can afford, but no less than 24 x 24 x 48H.

You're going to need more height for the species (arboreal), to accommodate many species of centerpiece plants, and to account for the height you'll lose from having the bottom 8" or so filled with dirt.

I agree with CrisBruns above:
https://chameleonacademy.com/plants/

Back
Top Bottom