CELEBRATION

saradoggy10

Established Member
I've had my female panther cham for a couple months now and I just had to switch her to feeding every other day. She spends every day searching the cage high and low for more food so I had an idea. She's generally a touchy one and I avoid putting my hand too close to her if she puffs up to much, but I decided to try to handle her a different way.
Since she was crazy hungry I placed my finger out with one hand and held a cricket with the other. I moved the cricket just out of her reach until she climbed fully on top of my hand then I gave her a couple tasty crickets.

This is the second time she's ever been on my hand and it was WONDERFUL! I'm still celebrating and tearing up even though it was just a couple seconds before she climbed back off.

My progress is slow but maybe eventually she won't be so scared of my hand anymore!

I've had my female panther cham for a couple months now and I just had to switch her to feeding every other day. She spends every day searching the cage high and low for more food so I had an idea. She's generally a touchy one and I avoid putting my hand too close to her if she puffs up to much, but I decided to try to handle her a different way.
Since she was crazy hungry I placed my finger out with one hand and held a cricket with the other. I moved the cricket just out of her reach until she climbed fully on top of my hand then I gave her a couple tasty crickets.

This is the second time she's ever been on my hand and it was WONDERFUL! I'm still celebrating and tearing up even though it was just a couple seconds before she climbed back off.

My progress is slow but maybe eventually she won't be so scared of my hand anymore!
Keep at it! The breeder I got my panther from handles his big boy like nothing the chameleon freaking comes out to his hand and likes staying on your hand. When I was there and holding him he wouldn't let me put him back in his cage he would just try to climb back up my arm or to my other hand and he sat on my hand so calmly. Its my goal with my dude lol so keep at it!

Back
Top Bottom