caught redhanded!

I had Loki out while I was cutting up strawberries and putting them in his brothers bowl and I turned around and saw a piece missing!
Its even better because the evidence is on his face

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 255
We all knew Loki was the more devious brother, but this proves it!

He is a funny little boy.
I don't know if anyone has managed to get their chameleons to come to them. But I can do a finger movement if he's roaming the room and getting to far an once he sees it he will race back to me. Ill take a video!
His brother will do it but his brother from time to time but not as obediently as he does.

Well if everyone fed their panthers strawberrys like you, I'm sure we could all control ours too :D Still that's pretty cool.

Don't you worry that the strawberries are too acidic? They don't eat fruit in the wild so I would just be careful with that. I'm not an expert on chameleon digestion, and maybe there is no harm in it, but I would ask a vet before letting him eat too many more:)

He doesn't have a full one, its one small piece. I give him a small piece maybe every 3 days. I treat it like a dessert

You can see it in his mouth. Its not a lot of fruit

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 202
I feed my chameleons krabby patties. That is all he eats.

Haha

I don't know why people think only veileds will eat it. My panther eats more fruits and veggies than my veiled. My boys love snap peas though! It's more of a staple green than anything

I also give them raspberries, papaya, and honey do as a treat

Last edited:
It's like he's saying "Who? Me? What strawberry?"

I had Loki out while I was cutting up strawberries and putting them in his brothers bowl and I turned around and saw a piece missing!
Its even better because the evidence is on his face

That picture is too funny! They sure are their own individuals. I have one veiled that LOVES his "salad" and one that refuses anything I offer. However, he is constantly eating his ficus and hibiscus. He's eaten the hibiscus half bare, so I'm constantly trying to get him to eat something else before he kills the poor thing! :rolleyes:

Don't you worry that the strawberries are too acidic? They don't eat fruit in the wild so I would just be careful with that. I'm not an expert on chameleon digestion, and maybe there is no harm in it, but I would ask a vet before letting him eat too many more:)

wow i wasn't aware that a panther's would even consider eating non-insect food. interesting!

Others are noting that they certainly will eat fruits and other vegetation on occasion. Our experience is that they seem to do it even more while juvenile.

Shauna, can you link us to where it is documented that they "don't eat fruit in the wild" ? It has been documented that many in the drier seasons of northern Madagascar will eat berries there. Do you think a vet would have such specific knowledge, although I expect most would say that they can think of no reason to think it not OK ?

Eats them? More like scarfs them down. Hahaha

Wow!! never heard of a panther eating fruit.
What other fruit does he like?
Have you tried blueberries??
My veiled cham loves those, it would be so cool if I could feed them to more
of my guyz, help get my money's worth from them since I hardly ever eat
them myself.

Back
Top Bottom