CATS and chameleons...?

Those are some really nice pics everyone. I would have to agree with the cham not being very fast and fluttery. I wouldnt agree on cats only go for smaller prey. My buddies cat is a squirell and rabbit destroyer. Everytime I go to his house there is always some kind of dead animal laying there.

You guys are just playing with fire letting your cats do whatever they want around your Chams. Not going to be a pretty sight when the cat's got the Panther you've been raising for 2 years in it's mouth. Not kidding.

We rarely ever handle our Cham... But our cats are usually in the same room as the cage and the only time I ever see them even watching her is when we they see us paying attention to her. The cats could care less about her and her cage... But our cats are used to being around a lot of herps. I would never let a cat and my cham be loose in the same room no matter how used to each other they may seem.

It's funny cause I have 2 cats that could eat my lizards, but I also have to be carefull not to let my RTB eat my cats, or my lizards i guess. It takes a lot of responsible care keeping a zoo at home as I'm sure a lot of you know. I am incredibly cautious with how my herps are housed, and where my cats can roam. I know my cats seem not to care about the cham... but if I were to somehow slip... and a tragedy occured.. I would not be able to get past the fact that it would be all my fault!

I agree with the above post... Not worth the risk...

But I think this is a fun topic with all the cute pics!

My Roommates cat attacked my poor little Odin, She broke a couple of his ribs. Put a nice slice in his side that needed to be glued and cut his chin so the little pointy skin was hanging loose. I was cleaning his cage and he was walking around... and the next thing you know there was a hisssss and the poor little guy was hurt. Cats are bad for Chams :(....

Back
Top Bottom