Cat bite

OK so you are quickly getting to a point where if there is internal injury he won't make it. So that he is still with us is a good sign. On an injury like this a vet could only tell you what was injured and give antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. This is defiantly a big help but not necessarily a do or die. So don't panic. How is he looking now? I have dealt with a pretty traumatic injury where it was a Macaw that did the damage. My guy has good now.
So keep the hospital bin till you are sure there is no more fall risk. Clean any open wounds buy lightly dripping water and letting it rinse. I would go for cooler temps, not cold, but a couple degrees under your normal. probably 78 degrees bask and 74 ambient. They can go quite a while with out food, but make sure there is plenty hydration. Force feeding an animal this size is not impossible, but tricky to say the least. Get a 05ml insulin syringe at the pharmacy. The recipe I used was to blend up bugs with a little bit on ensure to get it soft enough to go in syringe. I would not got this route for a week or so. He is better to loose a little weight than be injured worse through feeding. I have 5 month old babies that just went 8 days without food due to a major storm.

OK so you are quickly getting to a point where if there is internal injury he won't make it. So that he is still with us is a good sign. On an injury like this a vet could only tell you what was injured and give antibiotics and anti-inflammatories. This is defiantly a big help but not necessarily a do or die. So don't panic. How is he looking now? I have dealt with a pretty traumatic injury where it was a Macaw that did the damage. My guy has good now.
So keep the hospital bin till you are sure there is no more fall risk. Clean any open wounds buy lightly dripping water and letting it rinse. I would go for cooler temps, not cold, but a couple degrees under your normal. probably 78 degrees bask and 74 ambient. They can go quite a while with out food, but make sure there is plenty hydration. Force feeding an animal this size is not impossible, but tricky to say the least. Get a 05ml insulin syringe at the pharmacy. The recipe I used was to blend up bugs with a little bit on ensure to get it soft enough to go in syringe. I would not got this route for a week or so. He is better to loose a little weight than be injured worse through feeding. I have 5 month old babies that just went 8 days without food due to a major storm.
Thank you so much. I have changed the temp and she definitely has enough water. I tried to feed her with the syringe mix you mention and she wouldn’t take it. I have it ready for when she does though. She hasn’t moved yet today, and the vets mentioned in this thread are closed until Monday. So we will see :(

Be very careful if you syringe feed her that she doesn't aspirate the mixture into her lungs. Ease it in a little at a time so she can swallow. The hole to the lungs is right at the front of the mouth.

Found these on the web.
Chameleon and Snake so food needs to be placed in back and should be semi moist not wet.
I'm visual learner.. Sorry if your afraid of snakes.

Attachments

• Glot.jpg
    Glot.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Glot 2.jpg
    Glot 2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 108
This is defiantly a big help but not necessarily a do or die.
A large revivor or a direct line tapped into plumbing run through RO (pricy) .
Sometimes I can't tell/don't know if things like this just slip through your spell-check, or if you're channeling Leo Gorcey (or both!) :unsure: :LOL:

The latter would be a compliment; Gorcey was a master of malapropisms. (y)

Hi everyone,

I have a threeish month old female veiled Chameleon named Twiggy. I got her from a young kid who didn’t have the time or patience to keep her so I picked her up Sunday. She had a few cricket bites because the previous owner just left them in the cage overnight.
Anyways, on Monday, one of my cats snuck into the spare room (where her cage is) and fell through the top of the flimsy mesh cage. I WAS getting the steel top grate that night ordered from a pet store. Very bad timing and it’s all my fault. I get it. And I feel horrible.
I’ve read hours of articles and researched this issue to give her a fighting chance. There isn’t a reputable vet in the area, otherwise I would bring her there in a heartbeat.
To make a long story short, my cat fell through the top, and it looks like she carried Twiggy out of the cat as a mother cat would with their young. This cat has been friends with mice. Not a mean bone in her body.
As for Twiggy - there was bruising on each side of the top of her and one slight puncture which bled a little. She was walking around the room when I found her. I immediately put her in the cage and she ate until Wednesday and was moving around the cage and seemed like she just needed to heal. She hasn’t eaten since Wednesday and yesterday night fell off her perch by the light and fell to the bottom of her cage. She climbed back up and seemed ok. Today is Friday and I researched how to make a hospital cage. She has all of the necessary requirements for one and she has been misted well. I filled a syringe with mealworms, the calcium dusting, crickets, and baby food (apple/squash). I put it on her head in hopes the water would trickle down with some nutrients. Seems to have worked a bit.
Her eyes are still closed but she walked around a bit to go under some leaves. Her mouth doesn’t open enough to fit the syringe in.

Is there anything else I can do? I will do ANYTHING to help this poor baby. She is in a quiet room with the right temperatures and no noise/traffic/distractions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Antibiotics immediately. No it's ands or buts. Immediately!

Back
Top Bottom