Castiels vet visit...

Veild Cham Owner

Avid Member
so we took him in for a vet visit today to fix the problem with no eatting annndd HES NOT SICK!!! No parasites, no fractures, no problem with breathing she said he's the healthiest chameleon she has ever seen!! She said the reason why he's not eatting is that I'm caring to much for him and feeding him to much lol. She said 10-15 crx a day is way to much for 6 mo veiled, with strawberries and worms on top of that. She said that I should start to feed him 15 crx every other day with worms and fruit and what not. She told me to keep track of how much he eats every other day and send her a picture of what he has been eatting. I am super happy with what she had to say about him although he absolutely hates the vet!! He ended up biting me and drawing blood!! It hurt!! But anyway just wanted to update u on his eatting habits. Gonna start a scedual of feeding him Monday, Wednesday Friday and Sunday.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 104
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.9 KB · Views: 117
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 121
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    118.1 KB · Views: 120
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 134
so we took him in for a vet visit today to fix the problem with no eatting annndd HES NOT SICK!!! No parasites, no fractures, no problem with breathing she said he's the healthiest chameleon she has ever seen!! She said the reason why he's not eatting is that I'm caring to much for him and feeding him to much lol. She said 10-15 crx a day is way to much for 6 mo veiled, with strawberries and worms on top of that. She said that I should start to feed him 15 crx every other day with worms and fruit and what not. She told me to keep track of how much he eats every other day and send her a picture of what he has been eatting. I am super happy with what she had to say about him although he absolutely hates the vet!! He ended up biting me and drawing blood!! It hurt!! But anyway just wanted to update u on his eatting habits. Gonna start a scedual of feeding him Monday, Wednesday Friday and Sunday.

My Chameleon is 3 yrs old, but has been in my care for 1 1/2 yrs and he isn't eating also, but still drinking. The only thing I have seen is that King just isn't eating and his color is brown and not green. I feed him about 15 crickets every other day which I know that's double the amount he should be getting, but I love him too much! lol. I really hope this is what happens to my chameleon since I would have to deal with parasites or sickness.

My Chameleon is 3 yrs old, but has been in my care for 1 1/2 yrs and he isn't eating also, but still drinking. The only thing I have seen is that King just isn't eating and his color is brown and not green. I feed him about 15 crickets every other day which I know that's double the amount he should be getting, but I love him too much! lol. I really hope this is what happens to my chameleon since I would have to deal with parasites or sickness.
Has he completely stopped eatting? Or just eatting less. I actually checked out your thread last night but it was getting rlly late and I had to get to bed, I would love to help out!! Mind posting a pic of him maybe?

Has he completely stopped eatting? Or just eatting less. I actually checked out your thread last night but it was getting rlly late and I had to get to bed, I would love to help out!! Mind posting a pic of him maybe?

Yep Just stopped eating. He is drinking, but the only thing is that he isn't eating and his colors are brown and they are usually green so he is stressed about something.

I will post a picture today on my post I'm at school right now :3 taking exams. Everyone finished the exam so I'm not cheating.

Yep Just stopped eating. He is drinking, but the only thing is that he isn't eating and his colors are brown and they are usually green so he is stressed about something.
I haven't had to deal with sickness and health issues, but I have read a lot threads on here talking about them. If I were in your position, I'd start with the basics. Check the mouth area for signs of mouth rot or any other injuries. I've read that they can sometimes be bitten inside the mouth by crickets. Make sure that his cage is at a proper temperature. Do you use any sort of substrate that he could've swallowed while eating? That could lead to internal injuries making him lose his appetite. Did you try switching his food? If he's used to crickets, you could try mealworms, wax worms, horned worms, ect, just to see if he'd try to eat something else. I know that you've had him for a year and a half and probably know him pretty well, so I doubt that it's something as simple as temperature. If he continues to not eat, I'd take him to the vet sooner than later. Please keep us updated and good luck with the troubleshooting.

I haven't had to deal with sickness and health issues, but I have read a lot threads on here talking about them. If I were in your position, I'd start with the basics. Check the mouth area for signs of mouth rot or any other injuries. I've read that they can sometimes be bitten inside the mouth by crickets. Make sure that his cage is at a proper temperature. Do you use any sort of substrate that he could've swallowed while eating? That could lead to internal injuries making him lose his appetite. Did you try switching his food? If he's used to crickets, you could try mealworms, wax worms, horned worms, ect, just to see if he'd try to eat something else. I know that you've had him for a year and a half and probably know him pretty well, so I doubt that it's something as simple as temperature. If he continues to not eat, I'd take him to the vet sooner than later. Please keep us updated and good luck with the troubleshooting.

I haven't checked his mouth. I've tried Mealworms and he would just go away he wasn't interested at all. King is going to the vet at 8AM tomorrow morning. How do you check his mouth?

I haven't checked his mouth. I've tried Mealworms and he would just go away he wasn't interested at all. King is going to the vet at 8AM tomorrow morning. How do you check his mouth?
Get the vet to show you when you take him in tomorrow morning. I'm sure that it'll be one of the first things that they'll do during the checkup. You can also look at the one picture that "veiled Cham owner" posted at the beginning of this thread. Let me know what the vet says.

Get the vet to show you when you take him in tomorrow morning. I'm sure that it'll be one of the first things that they'll do during the checkup. You can also look at the one picture that "veiled Cham owner" posted at the beginning of this thread. Let me know what the vet says.

Ok Thanks. I just posted pics on my thread if you want to check them out.

If he poops before your vet visit, take a clean baggie and scoop it up. Store the poop in the fridge before your appointment, that way your vet can do a fecal float to check for parasites. The fresher the poop the better for accurate results.

Back
Top Bottom