casque

bruce the cham

Avid Member
my veiled chameleons casque is bent due to when i first got him by giving him to much uvb but i fixed that it of course still wonky but has not gotten any wonkier since i made the changes almost a year ago is it bad for him to have a wonky casque

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon male named Bruce when I got him I believed he was probably about 5 months old i have had him for over a year
  • Handling - I haven't handled him in about 3 weeks but handle him about every 2 weeks usually
  • Feeding - mainly crickets some super worms and BSFl sometimes dubias if I can get them and wax worms as a treat i feed him 6 bugs every 3 days
  • Supplements - i use calcium no D3 as his main supplement but then alternate with calcium with D3 and a multivitamin
  • Watering - i have a auto mister and dripper the auto mister goes on at 7:30 Am and 7:30 Pm for 3 minutes
  • Fecal Description - very white urate and looks fine to e was tested 3 months ago for parasites
  • History - Got him from predator reptiles and was housed with one other cham.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screen 2x2x4
  • Lighting - 5.0 reptisun uvb bulb
  • Temperature - basking spot is 85 degrees bottom of cage is 75 degrees at night i am in 65 range and i use a heat gun
  • Humidity - about 65 percent at night 45 during the day
  • Plants - all live plants 3 pathos 1 bamboo and 1 spider plant
  • Placement - it is in my room in a corner it is on a 2 foot stand so the top of the cage is 6 feet
  • Location - i live in Queen creek Az

Current Problem - none

*had to finish making iced tea.
Your husbandry looks good to my eyes. Just have to ask how often are you using the D3 and multivitamin.
Generally, once the chameleon is grown and the casque is formed, I don’t think it really changes much. If your cham becomes obese, it will puff out but that’s about it. A bend won’t really straighten out. While husbandry has a huge influence in everything forming properly, I recall reading here a while back that it may be genetic that some male veileds casques have a bend or sway to them at the top. Casque shape and size shouldn’t have any effect at all on his general health.

*had to finish making iced tea.
Your husbandry looks good to my eyes. Just have to ask how often are you using the D3 and multivitamin.
Generally, once the chameleon is grown and the casque is formed, I don’t think it really changes much. If your cham becomes obese, it will puff out but that’s about it. A bend won’t really straighten out. While husbandry has a huge influence in everything forming properly, I recall reading here a while back that it may be genetic that some male veileds casques have a bend or sway to them at the top. Casque shape and size shouldn’t have any effect at all on his general health.
k thanks i feed 10 crickets evry 3 days and i alternate between calcium d3 and multivitamin after 2 feedings so 6 days sorry if thats confusing

k thanks i feed 10 crickets evry 3 days and i alternate between calcium d3 and multivitamin after 2 feedings so 6 days sorry if thats confusing
Yes, that does have me confused. Lol So, essentially one feeding every week you are giving either the multivitamin or the D3, yes? Just curious why you feed every 3 days. It's not wrong...just different and I'm overly curious.

Yes, that does have me confused. Lol So, essentially one feeding every week you are giving either the multivitamin or the D3, yes? Just curious why you feed every 3 days. It's not wrong...just different and I'm overly curious.
ive just heard 2 to 3 days a week so i do every three weeks basically lets say its a Monday and i feed him i use calcium then its a Wednesday and i use calcium then its a Saturday and that would be when i alternate between multivitamin and calcium with d3 so yay basically 1 a week

Don’t know how noticeable it is in these photos

Attachments

• A7AFA652-0905-49E2-A850-E678DE886158.jpeg
    A7AFA652-0905-49E2-A850-E678DE886158.jpeg
    166.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 0A573F78-8CD0-49CB-9C05-887F64BD3371.jpeg
    0A573F78-8CD0-49CB-9C05-887F64BD3371.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 1D2F3243-C5E9-43BD-912B-A9AEE4A13ADF.jpeg
    1D2F3243-C5E9-43BD-912B-A9AEE4A13ADF.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 32
Don’t know how noticeable it is in these photos
It looks wavy, but it’s just something that makes him unique. 🥰
With mbd, the structures that support the casque pull downward, kind of like collapsing. It looks like that started to happen but was then corrected while his casque was still growing. He still has a nice tall casque to be proud of and is a beautiful guy.

It looks wavy, but it’s just something that makes him unique. 🥰
With mbd, the structures that support the casque pull downward, kind of like collapsing. It looks like that started to happen but was then corrected while his casque was still growing. He still has a nice tall casque to be proud of and is a beautiful guy.
thank you i love him very much he propably wasnt the best first pet in the begining but now that i actually know what im doing he is pretty easy

Back
Top Bottom