Carpet Chameleon mouth infection right?

Anitec21

Well i got this cool friend from the expo when i got home i notice his mouth looked strange it was dry but i thought maybe he was fighting cause he had other mates in there but he seems ok he eats and drinks his tongue catches his mouth doesnt open like he sick but im very worried please help me :(

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 202
Have you tried using a Q-Tip to lightly wipe the wound away? Can you tell what it is? Looks like shed..but it's kinda hard to tell..Have you flushed the wound?

Have you tried using a Q-Tip to lightly wipe the wound away? Can you tell what it is? Looks like shed..but it's kinda hard to tell..Have you flushed the wound?

Thats what I thought but no I havent tried the Q tip I will try it but thats what it probably is theres no blood or goo

If its not bothering him to much I would leave it..if hes eating fine shooting his tongue, able to drink etc...I think he should be okay without you doing anything. It may cause more stress to him than good if its not effecting him.

Keep us posted over the next week and see how he does.

If its not bothering him to much I would leave it..if hes eating fine shooting his tongue, able to drink etc...I think he should be okay without you doing anything. It may cause more stress to him than good if its not effecting him.

Keep us posted over the next week and see how he does.

Thank you now I can sleep :) I will keep you posted

Yesss Yes Go to bed no worries! :)

Yess keep me posted PM whatever is easiest for you!

I'll have to post some new pics of my Carpet pair I have some time soon...

;)

Yeah, that looks like mouth rot. If the steps listed above don't help, you might need to take him to a vet and have them sample the infection to get the right drug.

Yeah, that looks like mouth rot. If the steps listed above don't help, you might need to take him to a vet and have them sample the infection to get the right drug.
Also I ordered last night rot guard alot of people recommended it and im waiting for it to arrive in mail is it ok for the chameleon to be patient?

Back
Top Bottom