Carpet chameleon help

Paul R

Hey everybody. Who has F. lateralis? I am thinking of getting a pair but want to hear from people with experience with them

How long do they live?
Are they nice (am i wasting my time)?
How old till they breed?

Any other important info?

Yes we have several carpets and they are definitely one of my favorites! So colorful and for the most part, a lot easier to handle than a lot of other chameleons! :)

Paul,

I picked up a pair of carpets from Jim at Chameleon Company in December '08. I have really enjoyed them. One thing I have noticed about mine is that they are quite shy. This morning was the first time I have ever witnessed my female eating. I caught a glimpse of the male eating last month. Once.

Very cool animals though. Incredibly colorful and generally sweet natured, but pretty shy.

paul,

i picked up a pair of carpets from jim at chameleon company in december '08. I have really enjoyed them. One thing i have noticed about mine is that they are quite shy. This morning was the first time i have ever witnessed my female eating. I caught a glimpse of the male eating last month. Once.

Very cool animals though. Incredibly colorful and generally sweet natured, but pretty shy.

i cant wait to get my carpets, i definately want a beautiful pair, i am getting more room for chams today and i am sooo excited i am probably going to order 3 or 4 more!!!!!!! :d:d:d:d:d

I just read through the article linked in the earlier post. No info on expected lifespan, which was part of Paul's original post. Does anyone have an answer for that?

When I was researching them a couple months ago I think I remember reading that you can expect them to live about 3 years with proper care, but i'm sure there are many keepers that have had them longer than that.

When I was researching them a couple months ago I think I remember reading that you can expect them to live about 3 years with proper care, but i'm sure there are many keepers that have had them longer than that.

I think i have heard the same thing, but take into consideration Captive animals live longer than Wild for a plethora of reasons.

Yeah i heard over 3 years for captive and only 1.5 years for wild:(

THANKS GUYS GETTING A PAIR OF F.lateralis TODAY:D:D:D:D

Ok got my little pair of F. lateralis, and guys mine are not shy! They constantly eating in front of me!!!

i cant wait to get my carpets, i definately want a beautiful pair, i am getting more room for chams today and i am sooo excited i am probably going to order 3 or 4 more!!!!!!! :d:d:d:d:d

YOu must have a heckuva house.. Didnt you just get a pair of something? Man, I cant even find a place to stick a 10 gallon tank for a pair of pygmys!

Paul: Congrats!! I wanna see pics! Summoners carpets look awesome.. (Thats the only ones Ive seen on here..)

Back
Top Bottom