Carpet chameleon eggs

My carpet Chameleon just layed 9 eggs, some look better than others. Just wanted to see if anyone who has bred carpets before can let me know how they look/compare to ones that their females have layed. It is her first clutch.
IMG20231003143227.jpg

Most of them don't look immediately problematic, which is good. Some are somewhat poorly formed though. Was this from a wild caught female by chance? I'd expect a few of the eggs to go bad, but the others have a good chance. Some look a bit shinier than I would expect of healthy eggs. Were they made wet by something? How long were they sitting around before being collected?

Most of them don't look immediately problematic, which is good. Some are somewhat poorly formed though. Was this from a wild caught female by chance? I'd expect a few of the eggs to go bad, but the others have a good chance. Some look a bit shinier than I would expect of healthy eggs. Were they made wet by something? How long were they sitting around before being collected?
They were collected pretty much as they were layed. Some are pretty shiny and somewhat sticky, I figured that's just because they were recently layed. She is a captive bred and like I said, this is her first clutch. I'm hoping the media isnt too wet. Not much water comes out when squeezed.

They were collected pretty much as they were layed. Some are pretty shiny and somewhat sticky, I figured that's just because they were recently layed. She is a captive bred and like I said, this is her first clutch. I'm hoping the media isnt too wet. Not much water comes out when squeezed.
OK, that's reassuring then. Wet appearing right after laying is fine :) If only the tiniest amount of water comes out when squeezed, things are good. Did she dig to lay the eggs or scatter?

OK, that's reassuring then. Wet appearing right after laying is fine :) If only the tiniest amount of water comes out when squeezed, things are good. Did she dig to lay the eggs or scatter?
She scattered them despite putting her in a lay box for the last few days. Got up this morning and she was starting to scatter them before I moved her to the bin.

Back
Top Bottom