Carpet Chameleon - Breeding ?

Acham

Established Member
My female is perpetually hateful to the boys. She instantly chases them down and bites with no hesitation. Mouth doesn't gap, she doesn't sway but she is black with the bright nonreceptive colors. Boys don't even have a chance to bob at her. After she has them hiding from her she goes back to basking. Colors are much calmer then, but, the boys are now afraid to approach.

Afraid to leave the boys in with her even after she has calmed. What do you do when this happens? Is this normal for a female Carpet?

Instead of putting the male in the cage right away you should hold him in front of the cage and see how she reacts. If she is showing non receptive colours / traits don't put the male in with her.

On my, major confusion. I needed to explain that all Carpets are in separate enclosures with view's blocked. Only one male is place into the females enclosure for breeding purposes. Two males are available for this task but she has never been kind to either. I need to attempt holding the male in front of the female but they are so flighty and try to scurry off.

Back
Top Bottom