Carpet Cham. Made it home!

Lil

Thanks for the info. About caring for my carpet chamelelon, yes this is a new breed for me, as my first try was a veiile and she only lasted overnight. Way to small to come home, and go from a small enclosure to a med. size glass habitat-kit. Yes I know now screen is better but unfortunatley this is all going to have to be in hindsite, as "Bentley" my "female" carpet arrived last Friday morning. She seemed a bit stressed out from the trip and me trying my best to rearrange her surroundings once I noticed she was having some problems in the terrerrium. Such as probably seeing her glare in the glass, I did mention to the breeder that I was going to put her into a glass terrerrium and he said that was fine that she was use to that, however unless she is just trying to settle in to her new surroundings she seems a bit at odds when her branch she is on stops and all their is in front of her is glass. I did add some extra artificial hanging plants on the side to help with the glare. She also has 4 live plants in her enclosure. What freaked me out more was watching her walk upside down on the screen top of her encloseure. However by reading some of the other threads it seems that, that is a normal occurrance. I have both analog and digital temps. and humidity levels on both sides of the encloser, with a basking light in back and repti-light on the left front and a normal flouresent bulb on the right front. She has an automatic sprayer set for 15 sec/hr. and a constant dripper. She is eating 1/2 size crickets. Any other info from anyone would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is so long just wanted all the info out. Do carpet chams ever become social to humans she is aprox 5 mths old?

thanks Lil:)

They are generally shy, and all chams are more of a see don't touch animal. You certainly need to get her out of that glass cage.

You need to mist longer than 15 seconds ever hour, more like three to ten minutes three times a day. What do you mean repti-light?

Back
Top Bottom