Carnivorous CRICKETS!!

seanUTD

I never thought I would see it but I placed some wax worms in the bowls this AM to end a hunger strike being put on by my two guys that I've attributed to some not so tasty crix from petsmart.. And to my shock I checked a few minutes ago and found the wax worms being annihilated by the crix!! Has anybody else ever seen this grotesque display??

Weird! I haven't had that problem with my crickets when I put superworms in with them but have had crickets eat each other!! Well the bigger crickets eating the smaller ones so I've had to separate them! They really ticked me off as that's money going down the drain, darn crickets!

There are not alot of things that crickets won't eat. They eat eachother from time to time too.

I tried to feed mine a wolf spider to get him interested in food again last week. The crickets got it.........they are horrible to watch sometimes, but genocidal adult locusts are probably the worst I've seen :eek:

I agree...I'm still trying to get brown crickets but it's getting harder.

I dropped into the new LLL in Mission George (sort of miss Reptile City but was amazed at how quickly they made it LLL) today and found they have black crickets...

**sigh**

Here even Petsmart, Petco and the local pet stores carry only the black crickets...but I do like how big, plump and juice they get!...and my chams love them too!!

Down here all we have are brown crickets I have never seen or got black crickets in Texas. I think sean bought those crickets at the show yeasterday were I was vending. Millbrook was the supplier of feeders their.

Yeah, I noticed my browns have lasted longer then my blacks (because i had a mixed bunch, and the blacks ate each other LOL)

Down here all we have are brown crickets I have never seen or got black crickets in Texas. I think sean bought those crickets at the show yeasterday were I was vending. Millbrook was the supplier of feeders their.

Not sure who supplies the stores here, but that is all they carry.

My last purchase was from Petco online...it was nice brown crickets...if my next shipment is nasty black crickets I'll just get them from the local cricket farm where I don't have to pay for shipping.

Back
Top Bottom