Carnivorous Crickets - Eating Eachother!

m1ndless

I just started cup feeding my baby veiled, I put about 10 .125" crix in there each day.

I have noticed on numerous days that my cirx in the cup are eating eachother! I feed/gutload them with carrots, collard greens, flukers orange cubes, flukers gels, and fulkers dry food, and they also get other veggies depending on what I have in my fridge.

I tried putting some diced up collard greens in the cup, they ate some of that, but still continued to eat eachother.

Is this common, or is something wrong? Why would they do this?

Hey, thanks for posting. I have a three and a half month old baby veiled whose feeding on small crickets right now, and I've noticed the same thing. But, only when my crickets loose food. Basically they do this out of being territoral, or starvation. It's not something you can stop, it's normal. Just make sure you always have a orange cube or two in at all times. Good Luck! -Alex

Hey, thanks for posting. I have a three and a half month old baby veiled whose feeding on small crickets right now, and I've noticed the same thing. But, only when my crickets loose food. Basically they do this out of being territoral, or starvation. It's not something you can stop, it's normal. Just make sure you always have a orange cube or two in at all times. Good Luck! -Alex
did you know this was from 2008?

Don't use the orange cubes. They are terrible. Use fresh gutloading fruits and veggies and a good gutload like cricket crack or bug burger.

Back
Top Bottom