Carly's Enclosure Upgrade

Hi All! I am going to be ordering the sansai grow light today. I am using it for three umbrellas and my pothos plants are dying! Any tips would be appreciated. 😃
I just have mine sitting on top of my enclosures. Does put stress on the screen though, so if you are able to hang them, do so. Only tip I have is make sure all your sun loving plants are getting some of the light. 🪴🌞

Hi All! I am going to be ordering the sansai grow light today. I am using it for three umbrellas and my pothos plants are dying! Any tips would be appreciated. 😃
I just have mine sitting on top of my enclosures. Does put stress on the screen though, so if you are able to hang them, do so. Only tip I have is make sure all your sun loving plants are getting some of the light. 🪴🌞
+1. I have mine supported by 2 wooden slats that span the width of the enclosure top from frame to frame. This distributes the weight to the frame instead of on the mesh, and provides ~¾" between the mesh and the LEDs.

IMG_20210226_110639446.jpg

All good above 👍🏻

Good Morning! Happy Saturday! Looking for a repotting soil to use! I got a lay bin yesterday. Ordered the sansai yesterday too. While I wait for it to arrive, I am working on helping my plants. My Dad's compost isn't doing them too good! Thanks! 😃

I just use whatever organic potting soil I can find at Lowe’s or Home Depot. All have dreaded perlite in them, which is just another reason to cover with rocks.

Going to second the dowel idea lowes and h.d. have square dowels of assorted sizes and make great light lifts and don't put stress on the screen definitely recommend one for the sansi light it gets got and the added inch will help it cool down. Your plants will love you for ordering the 70w square it's amazing

Link for dowel they are cheap a.f and come in all sizes. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Buildin...s/Square/N-5yc1vZaqifZ1z0vaaf?storeSelection=

I just use whatever organic potting soil I can find at Lowe’s or Home Depot. All have dreaded perlite in them, which is just another reason to cover with rocks.
Carly likes to go inside and sleep in the plants so that might be hard. 😬
I might see how they do with the grow light since they have never had one before replacing the soil.

Going to second the dowel idea lowes and h.d. have square dowels of assorted sizes and make great light lifts and don't put stress on the screen definitely recommend one for the sansi light it gets got and the added inch will help it cool down. Your plants will love you for ordering the 70w square it's amazing

Link for dowel they are cheap a.f and come in all sizes. https://www.homedepot.com/b/Buildin...s/Square/N-5yc1vZaqifZ1z0vaaf?storeSelection=
Thank you so much! I will share your idea with my Dad!

Back
Top Bottom