Carly's Enclosure Upgrade

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
So this weekend/next week I will be moving Carly from the downstairs into this room. Wanted to get y'all's input on the best place to put her. It gets chilly in here at night so I thought it would be perfect for a yemen. Will post more updates with the upgrade and will see any suggestions you guys have.

IMG_20210202_074258285.jpg

"Bonus room"? An Australophile, eh? :LOL:

An east-facing window is best if possible. She won't be getting UVB through the window—it doesn't pass through glass, and even an open window won't allow much between the angle of the sun and any screen or curtains between. But windows are good for a view and enrichment. ;)

The fan should provide additional airflow anywhere in the room. During summer months, they (are supposed to) draw cool air up from the floor, which then flows along the ceiling and down the walls. In winter, the fan (is supposed to) draw warm air from the top of the room, and down into the living area. The lower pressure created on the ceiling then draws air up the walls.

"Bonus room"? An Australophile, eh? :LOL:

An east-facing window is best if possible. She won't be getting UVB through the window—it doesn't pass through glass, and even an open window won't allow much between the angle of the sun and any screen or curtains between. But windows are good for a view and enrichment. ;)

The fan should provide additional airflow anywhere in the room. During summer months, they (are supposed to) draw cool air up from the floor, which then flows along the ceiling and down the walls. In winter, the fan (is supposed to) draw warm air from the top of the room, and down into the living area. The lower pressure created on the ceiling then draws air up the walls.
Yes. I am actually from AUS. Bonus room/reptile room. I will put her near the window. Even though UVB can penetrate, light can so she still enjoys that. :)

Also.... I'm in a bit of a debate on where to put her when I am transitioning things from her old enclosure to her new. She shouldn't be in her old when I am taking things out. Don't want to hurt her, plus she will get very scared.

Also.... I'm in a bit of a debate on where to put her when I am transitioning things from her old enclosure to her new. She shouldn't be in her old when I am taking things out. Don't want to hurt her, plus she will get very scared.
If you plan the move, you should be able to get the bulk of it done within an hour or so (unless you're going bioactive). I'd put her in whatever you take her to the vet in. Short of that, a shoebox sized container. If it's dark, she'll just go to sleep until you're ready to put her in her new digs.

Yes. I am actually from AUS. Bonus room/reptile room. I will put her near the window. Even though UVB can penetrate, light can so she still enjoys that. :)

Put her in an outdoor cage, let her get some sun and she won't care a bit!

If you plan the move, you should be able to get the bulk of it done within an hour or so (unless you're going bioactive). I'd put her in whatever you take her to the vet in. Short of that, a shoebox sized container. If it's dark, she'll just go to sleep until you're ready to put her in her new digs.
Okay. will do. I have some empty shoeboxes. Thankfully I haven't had to take her to the vet yet. Will bribe her with some bugs 😂 😜 Using all live plants. but no substrate.

Hi! It's about time I update! So this weekend my dad and I will be building her enclosure. I have an XL DIY.

I need to buy a new hygrometer and was wondering the quantity of them? Do I need one or two? I am going to buy a govee

Plant/sand shopping will be soon.

I will also have her uvb put on her current cage this weekend so she stays healthy!

Thanks! 😃👍🏻

Hi! It's about time I update! So this weekend my dad and I will be building her enclosure. I have an XL DIY.

I need to buy a new hygrometer and was wondering the quantity of them? Do I need one or two? I am going to buy a govee

Plant/sand shopping will be soon.

I will also have her uvb put on her current cage this weekend so she stays healthy!

Thanks! 😃👍🏻
I like to have 3 in each enclosure. One at basking, one in the midlevel and one at the bottom. I like to have hydrometer and thermometers in triples

Back
Top Bottom