Care Guide 101

pascal2023

Avid Member
so, my family will be looking after P while I’m away for those couple weeks. I’m putting a care guide together for them.
Pascal has gotta be between the 5/6 month old mark by now which should mean I can start cutting down on food a little ?

If anyone has any care guides for their chameleons they’ve left for their family/ friends while you’ve been away please post it here so I can see! I’m worried I’m going to miss something out!

In my recent post yesterday I mean a couple people were talking about how it looks like Pascal is (slowly) becoming receptive… still not 100% sure though, I only thought this because of this light dark markings that she has started shedding again today so I’m wondering if that might be why.

To be on the safe side I’m not entirely sure what to write on this care guide in case she becomes receptive/ needs to lay while I’m away! I’m not very good at wording things and I’m hoping I won’t have to worry about this while I’m way, it’s a just incase scenario at this point … so yeah any tips or guides I can look out would be amazing that I can leave for her carers while I’m away 💖

The green lime peeling -
( her 3rd malt since owning her )

FB1657A1-BD5C-4301-ABED-119FC3216733.jpeg

"make sure mister is misting, fill with distilled water"

"Fill feeder cup with 6 crickets 3 times a week. Shake crickets with powder #1"

"once a week powder 6 crickets with powder #2"

"make sure the little genius isnt stuck, twice a day"

Thats about all i put for my chameleon sitters. I dont get fancy with various feeders and stuff. I just buy a few dozen crickets from the store (i normally dont feed crickets, but dubia are scary to people". I then have 2 shaker cups labeled #1 and #2. #1 is pre fill with just calcium powder, and #2 is prefilled with vitamin+D3.

(instructions left for tegu sitting for 3 weeks)

Powder hand full of berries and put in front of closet
If said berries magically disappear please replace
Put chicken egg in front of closet
If said egg magically disappears, replace in 3 days
If said egg does not magically disappear in 3 days, replace with fresh egg
Check that heating pad is set to 40c after power outages

No one ever saw the closet monster for 3 weeks, but 2 quarts of black berries and 6 eggs magically disappeared.

If that is a very current pic of Pascal, she doesn’t look receptive to me. If it’ll help any, here’s pics of both of my girls when they reached their first receptive periods. It took some time for their colors to fully develop, so their first times they weren’t as bright. With Grumpy, I did so many things wrong including overfeeding and keeping too hot. I can’t recall exactly how long her receptive period lasted (at least a couple of weeks though), but I do recall that it was 3 weeks from the end that she laid her first clutch. With Stella my care had greatly improved and I was starting my girls on ‘the diet’. It was a bit over 3 months in between end of her receptive period and laying (and I was anxious about it taking so long).
*excuse the fake plants and crappy analog gauges…was new to the hobby and still learning.
091E9245-9516-45C4-A477-31C59BB12334.jpeg
3F4F0C1C-5509-4F80-81CC-DBB26C33F861.jpeg

In my recent post yesterday I mean a couple people were talking about how it looks like Pascal is (slowly) becoming receptive… still not 100% sure though, I only thought this because of this light dark markings that she has started shedding again today so I’m wondering if that might be why.
I was saying, I think she´s getting in her pre-receptive phase. Bella showed the same coloring as Pascal on March 11th and March 30th she started showing gray and blue dots (which are typical receptive colors) Bella was at almost the same age as Pascal now is. Like @MissSkittles said the first time the receptive coloring isn´t that prominent visual, but after that it sometimes stays on the background and gets really visible when they´re receptive again. Seeing your time window, I think she wont lay eggs in the time you´re gone. And you setup the lay bin, so no worry you´re ready to go (and yes easy to say, we always keep worrying about them ;))

I was saying, I think she´s getting in her pre-receptive phase. Bella showed the same coloring as Pascal on March 11th and March 30th she started showing gray and blue dots (which are typical receptive colors) Bella was at almost the same age as Pascal now is. Like @MissSkittles said the first time the receptive coloring isn´t that prominent visual, but after that it sometimes stays on the background and gets really visible when they´re receptive again. Seeing your time window, I think she wont lay eggs in the time you´re gone. And you setup the lay bin, so no worry you´re ready to go (and yes easy to say, we always keep worrying about them ;))
Thankyou for your help and yeah I do feel better now that lay bin is in there and haha I’m constantly worrying even when I’m here 😂

If that is a very current pic of Pascal, she doesn’t look receptive to me. If it’ll help any, here’s pics of both of my girls when they reached their first receptive periods. It took some time for their colors to fully develop, so their first times they weren’t as bright. With Grumpy, I did so many things wrong including overfeeding and keeping too hot. I can’t recall exactly how long her receptive period lasted (at least a couple of weeks though), but I do recall that it was 3 weeks from the end that she laid her first clutch. With Stella my care had greatly improved and I was starting my girls on ‘the diet’. It was a bit over 3 months in between end of her receptive period and laying (and I was anxious about it taking so long).
*excuse the fake plants and crappy analog gauges…was new to the hobby and still learning.
View attachment 330483View attachment 330484
Aww little piglets! They look(Ed) so cute!
And with thanks to you and the regulars on here I’ve managed to get a good set routine with her with feeding, misting, vitamins ect. Makes things a lot better !
By the way I love the tan markings 😍

"make sure mister is misting, fill with distilled water"

"Fill feeder cup with 6 crickets 3 times a week. Shake crickets with powder #1"

"once a week powder 6 crickets with powder #2"

"make sure the little genius isnt stuck, twice a day"

Thats about all i put for my chameleon sitters. I dont get fancy with various feeders and stuff. I just buy a few dozen crickets from the store (i normally dont feed crickets, but dubia are scary to people". I then have 2 shaker cups labeled #1 and #2. #1 is pre fill with just calcium powder, and #2 is prefilled with vitamin+D3.

(instructions left for tegu sitting for 3 weeks)

Powder hand full of berries and put in front of closet
If said berries magically disappear please replace
Put chicken egg in front of closet
If said egg magically disappears, replace in 3 days
If said egg does not magically disappear in 3 days, replace with fresh egg
Check that heating pad is set to 40c after power outages

No one ever saw the closet monster for 3 weeks, but 2 quarts of black berries and 6 eggs magically disappeared.
okay Thankyou lol because that’s pretty much all I’ve got on my list and I’m sure I’m overthinking it thinking I should be adding more haha! 🫢🥲

Now when your gone on trip it is going to be like did I put this and that on the list. Should have bought Pascal a cell phone so I could check up on her. This is driving me nuts call family to check on her. Just don't stress out and remember to have fun

Now when your gone on trip it is going to be like did I put this and that on the list. Should have bought Pascal a cell phone so I could check up on her. This is driving me nuts call family to check on her. Just don't stress out and remember to have fun
I know I’m so bad for it, same with my dog always on FaceTime to her but it’s okay, me and pascal are using walkie talkies … if the batteries die just gonna bring a cup and string to communicate 😂

Back
Top Bottom