Can't We all Just Get Along?

theresaintucson

Today I'm doing very thorough cleaning of cages. I had my male ambilobe, Kraken on a play set (meant for parrots but my parrot hates it) and my male Nosy, Unnamed on the same table. They were less than a yard apart. No hissing or flashing between them-they climbed as high as they could on their separate sticks and just stayed there. I kept an eye on them the entire time. I thought for sure they'd go for each other. Is it because they are youngish-less than 6 months old that they aren't interested in fighting? Or can it be that I may actually have two males who will tolerate each other if they have their own trees in a big space? TIA.

Since they are younger they might tolerate each other a bit more. Also if they haven't been introduced to a female they might stay more tolerant a bit longer.

Maybe we can all get along but I wouldn't hold my breath on it lasting. As they get older, sorry to say they will most likely become aggressive toward each other. But maybe you just got lucky.;)

My first male panther wouldnt fire up or get mad at his reflection or other males. He would only fire up at me because he was :eek:ed or to display for a female.

As you can see in the pic. Heathen (on left) starting to fire up at D.H. (on right) who didnt really care. D.H. was about to shed if I am correct. His background colors were always very vibrant unlike in this pic. Sorry for the quality but its the only one I could find of both of them in the same shot.

Picture572.jpg

comph.jpg

My male only fires up to my guinea pigs and this chameleon ornament that he saw when I took him to a breeders house :) I don't know if he would be okay free ranging with a male though...

McGinty - my male panther - says, definitely; let's all get along. Bea - my female veiled - says "No way, Jose" and objects to McGinty's very existence.

Haha. My male veiled definitely says let's all get along when he sees my Sambava. He starts to put his moves on him, and when the Sambava turn red, he realizes he was going after a man in disguise! Then he definitely says "heck no! I don't like men!"

Back
Top Bottom