Canopy chameleon?

Ohmygodthey'resocute

Get it! :D What a coincidence, I just picked myself up a gorgeous male F. willsii a couple weeks ago, myself! My LRS tried to convince me to get the male/female pair they had, but I'm already past my cham quota and stuck to the male. Their rostral protrusions are so dang cute. Meet Percy:

Attachments

• IMG_3349.jpeg
    IMG_3349.jpeg
    165.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3343.jpeg
    IMG_3343.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 109
That is very admirable of you to offer!!! Very cool looking chameleon!! I've never seen one!! If he fires up could you post a picture? I'd like to see what color patterns he has, thanks!!

I apologize about the late response. I was away from my laptop all day today.

The female Furifer willsii I had was great. I kept her in a LLL 2x2x4 foot fine mesh screen enclosure. That is a large enclosure for this species and I think this species could be kept in smaller enclosures. However when she was with me she thrived in that larger enclosure. My recollection was she died after laying a clutch (she had retained eggs) of wild fertilized eggs. Other than that she ate with relish most all smaller insects especially flies. She liked her temperatures warm for a montane species 75 Fahrenheit - 85 Fahrenheit with drops to 55 Fahrenheit at night. She responded well to mid to somewhat high humidity I say 50-80% plus night mistings. She was receiving multiple mistings a day in the greenhouse. She was in the greenhouse the entire time she was with me however she stayed mostly at the top of her LLL enclosure. She would occasionally flatten out and bask in front of me. I think this species when kept indoors in montane conditions that this species would thrive with a low wattage basking light. This is a species I want to continue to keep and work with more.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
I apologize about the late response. I was away from my laptop all day today.

The female I had was great. I kept her in a LLL 2x2x4 foot fine mesh screen enclosure. That is a large enclosure for this species and I think this species could be kept in smaller enclosures. However when she was with me she thrived in that larger enclosure. My recollection was she died after laying a clutch (she had retained eggs) of wild fertilized eggs. Other than that she ate with relish most all smaller insects especially flies. She liked her temperatures warm for a montane species 75 Fahrenheit - 85 Fahrenheit with drops to 55 Fahrenheit at night. She responded well to mid to somewhat high humidity I say 50-80% plus night mistings. She was receiving multiple mistings a day in the greenhouse. She was in the greenhouse the entire time she was with me however she stayed mostly at the top of her LLL enclosure. She would occasionally flatten out and bask in front of me. I think this species when kept indoors in montane conditions that this species would thrive with a low wattage basking light. This is a species I want to continue to keep and work with more.

View attachment 247432

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich
Thank you for that information. I appreciate you taking the time to write it all out

Hello everyone I just wanted you all to know I ended up purchasing these guys. I’m worried they would end up in the wrong hands I dint mind being Chambroke. I’m working on the cages right now once they are done I’m heading back to the store to pick them up. So if anyone who has worked with these guys in the past plz feel free to pm me or post here all the info I need. I’m willing to make as much changes to everything to give these guys the proper home they deserve. They didn’t ask to be brought into our world so the best we can do is give them the life there do deserve with the ppl that will go above and beyond for them. My Chamwards will be ever well taken care of all I ask if for y’all to ppl help my chams and Succeed, give them the long life they deserve ❤️

Vet is willing to do a fecal without seeing them since they are fragile! These chams are imports witch is why I’m running a fecal. I was told by seller he already parasite treated them but for peace of mind in running my own. I don’t want to risk anything happening to the reptiles I have at home already, especially compromised Imelda.

if yall didn’t guess it’s by now it’s about to get professor Jo up in here. My nerd scientist brain is so excited

Back
Top Bottom