Canon Macro lens?

canzoman

Anyone have a good suggestions for a Canon Macro lens?

I am looking to buy one but now sure what is best for animals.

I use the "nifty fifty" (50mm 1.8) with a macro extender. The lens is less than $100 new and we got the extender used for under $100. It works great and was cheaper than buuying a macro lens.

I have a few photos taken with that combo in my album.

I was wondering the same. I'm getting ready to buy a rebel xsi and was hoping I wouldn't have to spend another five hundred or more on a macro. Where did you find this extender?

You get what you pay for.

I like the canon 100mm macro with IS . IS is huge when taking those really tight shots. With the 100mm vs the 60mm you don't have to get too close to get an awesome shot. It gives you a little breathing room. Helps a lot if you are working with animals or insects. The non IS version is cool too I have used both.

I use the "nifty fifty" (50mm 1.8) with a macro extender. The lens is less than $100 new and we got the extender used for under $100. It works great and was cheaper than buuying a macro lens.

I have a few photos taken with that combo in my album.

Just looked at your shots and am very impressed with the macro you are using. Looks good to me. I am sure it may be a little limited compared to a high end macro lens but shoot those shots look great!.

You get what you pay for.

I like the canon 100mm macro with IS . IS is huge when taking those really tight shots. With the 100mm vs the 60mm you don't have to get too close to get an awesome shot. It gives you a little breathing room. Helps a lot if you are working with animals or insects. The non IS version is cool too I have used both.

Yeah I really need something to get in close. I was looking at the 100 vs the 50mm.

I'm workin with the Canon 100 L IS marco lens.

This ist the best macro lens i know. Its expensive but very very good.

Watch my shots ;)

Just looked at your shots and am very impressed with the macro you are using. Looks good to me. I am sure it may be a little limited compared to a high end macro lens but shoot those shots look great!.

Thanks! It is limited and the 100mm is definitely a better lens - the canon L series lenses are awesome in general - but I'm happy with this less expensive option for now.

Back
Top Bottom